Thread: Fixing Henkei TC's and SW's cannons

Default Fixing Henkei TC's and SW's cannons

So we're all well aware of the QC issues surrounding Thundercracker and Skywarp, and of course, mine is no exception. For that matter, even my Starscream's arm cannons can't sit in the holes, the just fall straight out. I seem to remeber seeing someone who used masking tape in the hole to fix the problem, which was what I decided to do, but I encountered great difficulty in getting the tape to actually sit comfortably in the hole and once I'd finally achieved that, the pegs on the cannons wouldn't fit. So after giving up that effort, I just decided to stick the tape around the actual peg itself which has worked, but unfortunately you can see it peeping through the gap between the cannon and the arm, and it also means that if I want to put them back in jetmode I'll have to pull the tape off, and do it again. So basically I was just hoping someone could drop a few hints to help get that damn tape into the hole.

Clear nail polish on the gun pegs should increase the diametre enough to solve the problem.

Mine are still w/ lcz128! That sneaky little toad!
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    Clear nail polish on the gun pegs should increase the diametre enough to solve the problem.
    Hmm I hadn't thought of that. Will they still fit in jet mode?

My Thundercracker's guns fit in the wings and fist holes just fine, but are loose on the arm holes (and prone to falling out). My Skywarp has no problems!

I've put two tiny blobs of blu-tac inside my Thundercracker's arm holes. I should try 1orion2many's suggestion... I'll see if my wife has any clear nail polish.

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Adzma View Post
    So we're all well aware of the QC issues surrounding Thundercracker and Skywarp, and of course, mine is no exception. For that matter, even my Starscream's arm cannons can't sit in the holes, the just fall straight out. I seem to remeber seeing someone who used masking tape in the hole to fix the problem, which was what I decided to do, but I encountered great difficulty in getting the tape to actually sit comfortably in the hole and once I'd finally achieved that, the pegs on the cannons wouldn't fit. So after giving up that effort, I just decided to stick the tape around the actual peg itself which has worked, but unfortunately you can see it peeping through the gap between the cannon and the arm, and it also means that if I want to put them back in jetmode I'll have to pull the tape off, and do it again. So basically I was just hoping someone could drop a few hints to help get that damn tape into the hole.
    We had a good discussion back on this thread:

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...t=1203&page=35

If you are going for the super glue/nail polish method, I would strongly advice you to apply inside the arm holes and NOT on the actual pegs themselves. The pegs themselves fit very nicely under the wings, and adding anything onto the pegs will cause them not to fit under the wings any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    We had a good discussion back on this thread:

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...t=1203&page=35

If you are going for the super glue/nail polish method, I would strongly advice you to apply inside the arm holes and NOT on the actual pegs themselves. The pegs themselves fit very nicely under the wings, and adding anything onto the pegs will cause them not to fit under the wings any more.
    Yeah that was what I was trying to replicate, but I couldn't get it to fit as snuggly as you have.