Thread: Hascon 2019 postponed

Default Hascon 2019 postponed

I was actually going to post something more ominous... but that would just be teasing.
    For this sort of corporate event (a completely different beast to the licensed and unlicensed events), a notice of it being postponed 10 months out without mentioning a revised date or season (spring, fall, etc), does not bode well. Maybe the bean-counters determined that it wasn't worth the expense, based on the increase of (or lack of) sales after it.
    And they killed off a couple of successful licensed fan conventions for HasCon, only to see that it wasn't really a concept that works.
    (or they could just be waiting until after their rumoured relocation of their HQ from one part of Rhode Island to another)

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I think they just assumed all the people from the fan events would just turn up to Hascon.

When that didn't happen they had to re-evaluate.

Now, over a year later, they probably still haven't worked out what direction they want to take. Meanwhile TFCon is smashing it out of the park.

I would like to interpret this as a slim possibility that they're thinking of instead having dedicated conventions (Botcon, Joecon) but given that Fun Publications lost their license at the end of 2018........

Maybe its just too hard for them to organise a convention, so they're abandoning it and going with NYCC and SDCC for brand promotion?
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Well, 2019 is now over two months ago, and we didn't get a second HasCon... or a replacement by Hasbro (or even officially endorsed conventions).

And now I can't find the facebook page either... so was probably quietly shut down (if true, it means they aren't planning any more then).