Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bumblebee Movie out in Australia April 3rd

Default Bumblebee Movie out in Australia April 3rd

For those of you that want to own the best Transformers movie since 1986, Bumblebee is available to preorder on DVD, BD and UHDBD.

Amazon AU

JB Hifi

Sanity

Cheers for the links. A shame none have a special offer yet of exclusive merch if you order from them - might be worth waiting to see if any crop up.

Finally bought a TV with 4K resolution so might even shell out for the 4K Blu Ray

Release dates now on the JBHifi listings are April 3rd.

Big W has listings on the website for the Bumblebee movie. I can confirm they are curently the same price in-store, though stock availability may vary from store to store.

4k UHD Blu-ray, $35.

Blu-ray, $25

A Big W Exclusive version of the DVD, $20

Look out for these in-store next month.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    So has anyone heard anything about stores offering extras if you preorder with them? Sanity did cards for TF5, Amazon did a statuette for TF4 etc. So far all I've heard is if you buy the 4k Blu Ray that you get a ton of bonus features on the disks.
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It seems each TFs movie that gets released, we get less and less versions with bonus items.

Looks like you can get a Steelbook Version if you preorder with Jb Hifi

And it and the regular Ultra 4K Blu Ray versions both come with a comic book
    Last edited by BigTransformerTrev; 28th March 2019 at 03:27 PM.

It's good to see that the comic will be released here. According to TFW, the comic isn't supposed to be exclusive to anyone in America, but comes with (all?) blu-ray editions of the Bumblebee Movie... but I suspect that it might be exclusive to a small number of sites, or just for the first release of the blu-ray.

$50 at JB? And not available for pickup in store... so could it be an online exclusive?

Is it just me, or does that seem really expensive for something that is just two discs and a steelboook cover (the mini-comic is a bonus). I would be thinking that the different formats or definition versions shouldn't cost much different to each other when pressed in the factory by the tens of thousands... considering how cheap DVDs can be these days (new movies for under $5), it feels like there is a bit of profiteering going on there.
    The steelbook cover doesn't look too appealing to me, so hopefully there will be a cheaper version available here that comes with the mini-comic.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    $50 at JB? And not available for pickup in store... so could it be an online exclusive?

Is it just me, or does that seem really expensive for something that is just two discs and a steelboook cover (the mini-comic is a bonus).
    At least JB Hifi charges bugger all for delivery. It's costing me $1.69. It may say 'not available for pickup' because it is not on the shelves yet and that changes once all the stores get shipments.

Yeah $50 is a fair chunk of change. The main reason I ordered that version is that my son loved the movie so I can see him taking it down off the shelf constantly to ask to watch it. This then puts it in reach of my daughter who has a bad habit of - sometimes accidentally and sometimes on purpose - destroying DVD covers. I'm hoping a Steelbook version will survive the kiddie onslaught

They must have got them in early as it said on the website they expected stock on April 3rd and I got an email today saying that my order is packed and ready to dispatch

They must have got them in early as it said on the website they expected stock on April 3rd and I got an email today saying that my order is packed and ready to dispatch
    I assume they do that to allow for shipping time. Usually they break release date in-store by a day or two. I might try my luck and see if it is in store now.

Edit: Nope, not in store yet.
    Last edited by Ralph Wiggum; 29th March 2019 at 04:27 PM.

I just noticed that Sanity have a competition for the Bumblebee movie - pre-order before April 2nd (Tuesday), and fill out the online entry for a chance to win a trip for a family of four to the Gold Coast, with 3-day super passes to Seaworld, Movieworld and WetnWild... worth up to about $5,000 (depending on where you are flying from).

The images of the back of the packaging on the BigW listings show that the Bluray and 4K editions have the same bonus extras, including the mini-comic, while JB might be the only one to have the printed version of the mini-comic.
    Not sure if the BigW exclusive DVD is just a different cover, or if the one extra feature is unique to that edition.