Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: WFC Siege toys now out in Australia

Just crazy that wave one is what nobody stocks. That has to be on Hasbro, right? Surely Big W and Target didn't both say "hey Hasbro, send us wave two but we don't care about the launch products".

I don't want to be all "the sky is falling", but it seems like an ominous sign for the future of Transformers at Australian retail.

I would be very annoyed about that happening, I had my heart set on getting Roadhandler, Swindler and Sixgun from Wave 1.

Akky82 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tilarta View Post
    I would be very annoyed about that happening, I had my heart set on getting Roadhandler, Swindler and Sixgun from Wave 1.
    Six-gun is wave 2. Also yeah I saw a facebook post from an online store about a month ago confirming hasbro weren't bringing wave 1 micromasters to Australia, I grabbed all 3 double packs from a Taiwanese ebay seller for $70 (minus 10% because part of a bigger transaction including novastar, another we missed out on, plus 10% GST).

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Well I've chucked all the missing one's into my loot at BBTS.

While I was at it, did the same for all the must have wave 2's as well.

Kmart has just got voyagers Starscream and Soundwave.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilarta View Post
    The Micromasters only appeared at Kings Comics in Sydney CBD. And lasted 24 hours or so.

I actually preordered on BBTS, and I am glad I did!

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Mighty Ape still have the complete wave 1 on preorder
    https://www.mightyape.com.au/toys?q=siege+transformers

I purchased Soundwave and Starcream from Target today. $49 each. I assume thats wave 2. Optimus and Megatron are wave 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Maruten View Post
    Just crazy that wave one is what nobody stocks. That has to be on Hasbro, right? Surely Big W and Target didn't both say "hey Hasbro, send us wave two but we don't care about the launch products".

I don't want to be all "the sky is falling", but it seems like an ominous sign for the future of Transformers at Australian retail.
    Nooo, I'd say it's a bit from the Bumblebee movie toys aren't going anywhere column & a little from
    the importing and distribution column.
    It's no coincidence that none of the big box retailers carried wave 1, but are now slowly starting to receive Wave 2 product in.

Whether the independents like Toymate/World, Mr.Toys Toyworld, HobbyCo etc have a different ordering channel is also worth considering, as they had some success in ordering and selling wave 1 stock.

Just to add re your concerns regarding TF's in Aus retail, the overwhelming response I've seen online for sightings has been positive. People want to be able to walk into their local store and buy product. I'd say we'll be fine.

For so long the trend has been retailers have far too much of wave 1 of a new line and we wonder if wave 2 will appear.

It’s like they took the wrong message from our complaints over the years about shelfwarming wave one toys.