Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 10 Year Challenge (of your Transfandom)

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    Sorry I can't do exactly 10 years between each pic as I literally have only 2 photos of me with TFs prior to around 2017.

What's the story behind that 2018 pic?

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    What's the story behind that 2018 pic?
    It was to do with an April Fools prank. Gok and I got some MIB G1 toys, put them on Kmart shelves, took a few pics and told everyone G1 toys were getting reissued in their original packaging. That shopping trolley pic was just for laughs though and not part of the prank.

Funnily enough, our prank came true as there were vintage packaging G1 reissues announced only a couple months later.

It was for an April Fools prank. Gok and I got some MIB G1 toys, put them on Kmart shelves, took a few pics and told everyone G1 toys were getting reissued in their original packaging. That shopping trolley pic was just for laughs though and not part of the prank.

Funnily enough, our prank came true as there were vintage packaging G1 reissues announced only a couple months later.
    Great work. You got Soundwave and Devastator right. If only we got Jetfire!

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Great work. You got Soundwave and Devastator right. If only we got Jetfire!
    Yeah, it was pretty epic seeing pics of Devy box sets showing up in US Walmarts and comparing to our pics of vintage Devy box sets just a few months earlier.

Previous April Fools pranks that I've done which accidentally became prophetic were:
    * Masterpiece Grimlock
    * Encore Fortress Maximus

Of course, I have more misses than hits but hey, I'll take the successes where I can get them. Especially considering that predicting releases is never my intention for April Fools pranks... the intention is just to fool people.

Anyway, MOAR PICS PEEPOOLZ! (pleez)

FatalityPitt Guest

I think the April Fool's day prank with the G1 reissues at Kmart was pretty brave imo. I wouldn't have the guts to attempt something like that, since I always have this fear of being stopped by the loss prevention officer. That's why unless I have a bag and/or receipt, I wouldn't dare to walk into a store holding an object. But that's just me though.

The photos were taken at Kmart eh? Well the G1 Reissues Hasbro released ended up being Walmart exclusives!

Erm, nah I don't have any photos of myself with anything TF-related. That, or I'm not ready to show my face to the world.

Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post
    I think the April Fool's day prank with the G1 reissues at Kmart was pretty brave imo. I wouldn't have the guts to attempt something like that, since I always have this fear of being stopped by the loss prevention officer. That's why unless I have a bag and/or receipt, I wouldn't dare to walk into a store holding an object. But that's just me though.
    I was worried too, but not only did nobody stop us, nobody even stared at us. I thought a shopping trolley full of vintage Transformers was going to attract stares from every direction, but apparently no f@&#$ were given that day.

FatalityPitt Guest

I was worried too, but not only did nobody stop us, nobody even stared at us. I thought a shopping trolley full of vintage Transformers was going to attract stares from every direction, but apparently no f@&#$ were given that day.
    Yeah, in that sort of situation, I wouldn't be worried about getting in trouble since we wouldn't be doing anything illegal. But it would be a complete pain in the butt to have to explain ourselves if someone does suspect us of anything dodgy. Glad you guys managed to pull it off without a hitch

When I'm out and about in public I tend to be keep to myself and avoid attention, that's why the idea of being stopped by a security guard and having to explain myself scares me

30+ year old toys that don't even appear on their scanners? Super easy to explain.

Anyway -- show us yer pics!

Sadly I have very few pics of me with my TF's.... truth be told I went through a period in my teens where I sold everything off for computer games.

They were dark times.

Beast Wars brought me back.