• Only if (other)

3 25.00%
  • No

1 8.33%
  • Not interested

1 8.33%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Siege Voyager Megatron

Just grabbed this toy and I have to agree with the broad consensus here. The robot mode is fantastic (once you remove that idiotic silver paint splatter, which I have done).

The tank mode & transformation are both... serviceable. Neither are spectacular, but I'm satisfied with both alongside his robot mode.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

So I caved yesterday and got this toy. I tried to remove as much of that ridiculous battle damage stuff from the robot mode, still got some more scrubbing to do and I haven't started scrubbing the tank mode yet.

Comparison with Combiner Wars Megatron. I think that Siege Megatron does improve over CW Megatron in two main ways:
    1. Placing the fusion cannon on the side of the arm allows for greater arm articulation.
    2. The toy is better articulated than CW Megs overall.

But other than that, I'd say that CW Megatron still wins overall. Now I know that CW Megatron is a Leader who's twice the RRP of a Voyager, but even relative to price point I'd still rate CW Megatron as the better toy, but Siege Megatron is arguably the better action figure. My main gripe with Siege Megatron is the head's inability to just lock into place in robot mode. The heel spurs on mine also come off ridiculously easily and the toy is fairly back heavy; but those are minor gripes. The big thing for me is the lack of head locking.

P.S.: My 10 year old remarked on how impractical/silly the cannon/sword design is!

Comparing Seige Megatron with Henkie and Combenir Wars Megatron.

Comparison of transformations...

Henkie! HENKIE!

Combenir Wars

Seige

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I think the most interesting comparison is with the Titans Return triple changer. It is remarkable how well that suits Megatron when compared side by side with Siege.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellico View Post
    I think the most interesting comparison is with the Titans Return triple changer. It is remarkable how well that suits Megatron when compared side by side with Siege.
    This.

I got the Netflix version of Seige Megatron this week.

The paint is a delight and the QC on mine is on point - important as the ankle tilts and the platform the neck is on rely purely on friction.

That said, I prefer the TR Megatron triple changing mold. Tank v tank WFCS wins, but I prefer the bot mode on the TR version and then TR also has a bunch of additional playability.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    I got the Netflix version of Siege Megatron this week.

The paint is a delight...
    Agreed, Netflix Megatron is damned gorgeous. While paint does not cover even 30% of this toy the effect is done so well that it strongly reminds me of the Takara paintjobs of old (Henkei etc).

I'm not a fan of tank Megatron - c'mon, he's a Walther P-38! But this robot mode is pretty G1 good looking apart from the back pack and scales with Earthrise/Siege Optimus. Since I'm a G1 Megs fan, I like that the sword blades can apparently be removed from the sword and the bladeless gun can be inserted into the right backpack hole to simulate G1 Meg's shoulder barrel. I've not done it in on my Netlfix Megs yet but I've seen pictures and it looks fairly good on the Siege Megs as his barrel is silver (while Netflix Megs is dark on the front facing surface when inserted).

I nearly passed on Netflix Megs and I'm so glad I couldn't resist. Love the character, love the mold, and I think the Netflix version is one of the best G1 Megatrons we've had in many years. Possibly the best G1-flavoured Megatron of the modern era? By modern era I maybe mean... ever? Like, I wouldn't be buying an actual G1 Megatron if angels handed it to me in a sack full of diamonds.

Admittedly I have exacting 21st century standards when it comes to these toys, so it isn't really fair to compare G1 releases with Generations stuff.

I certainly can't complain about the value factor.

$49 for the WFCS figure with nicer paint, better QC and two battlemasters is hard to go past. I'm not super enthused by the -masters gimmicks so far but they really work with this figure - the upward facing 5mm ports on the backpack lets you mount Pinpointer as a wicked looking shoulder blaster/missile rack, and the bright orange Lioniser sword doesn't look at stupid as it seems otherwise.

It took about 5 minutes of play to get bored of the gunblade thing and just unscrew them.

It's well worth a buy.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

I got my Siege Megatron when he came out with Thundercracker. They must of fixed the loose head issue because mine isn't floppy like I saw on the early reviews.

Also gave the gun blade to Combiner Wars Megatron