CORDON
Series - Masterpiece
Sub-line - none
Size/class - N/A
New/remould/redeco - retool and repaint of Masterpiece Sunstreaker
Wave - MP-42
Released here - No (released in Japan October 2018)
Approximate Retail Price - 15000yen (about AU$193)
Approximate Size - 16cm
Allegiance - Autobot
Alt-mode - Lamborghini Countach
Main Features/Gimmicks - car can transform between standard and modified "tuning" Lamborghini, hidden gun in rear of car, weapon stowage
Main Colours - white with black highlights
Main Accessories - pistol, missile, wing mirrors

Note: Cordon is a repaint and retool of MP Sunstreaker. Refer to the Sunstreaker review thread for comments about the original mould. This thread will focus on differences made.

While Cordon is a new character to Transformers, the toy itself is based on the Diaclone Car Robot Countach LP500S Super Tuning Police Car Type toy.

Standard vehicle mode

Super Tuning vehicle mode

Cordon has one double-sided light bar which you push through the chest panel to protrude out for either vehicle or robot mode

Robot mode

Cordon's missile on Sunstreaker

Cordon emulating Sunstreaker's box art pose

Standard vehicle mode comparison

Super Tuning Sunstreaker next to standard Cordon

Super Tuning vehicle mode comparison

Robot mode comparison

Overall thoughts
I love the retooling done to make this toy more G1 toy-accurate, which means added more details to the shins and having that lovely G1-accurate head. The addition of the arm missile is also a neat bonus feature. The design of the light bar is simple but clever.

Cordon is pretty expensive, being ¥3000 ($40) above MP Sunstreaker's RRP. For me, this will likely be the closest I'll get to owning the police type Super Tuning Lamborghini Countach Diaclone toy, because I'm not going to pay scalpery aftermarket prices and we know that HasTak are unable to reissue Sunstreaker, so something like an eHobby exclusive Cordon is out of the question. So yeah, it's very much a niche appeal, but I suppose the same could be said for many of these Diaclone-based redecos (e.g. Exhaust, Clampdown, Delta Magnus etc.). This won't be everyone's cup of tea, but if you're interested in getting this nice homage to a Diaclone figure that also incorporates it into Transformers lore, then you won't be disappointed. Unless you hate the original MP Sunstreaker mould... can't help you there.