View Poll Results: Which G1/Beast Wars characters would you like to see in the Masterpeice line?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arcee

6 14.29%
  • Jazz

23 54.76%
  • Trailbreaker

11 26.19%
  • Perceptor

8 19.05%
  • Blaster (and the cassettebots)

18 42.86%
  • G1 Minibots (specify which in the comments)

10 23.81%
  • Galvatron

15 35.71%
  • Cyclonus

12 28.57%
  • Rhinox

2 4.76%
  • Rattrap

2 4.76%
  • Airazor

3 7.14%
  • Waspinator

4 9.52%
  • Blackarachnia

6 14.29%
  • Tarantulas

3 7.14%
  • Other (specify in the comments)

12 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Which characters would you like to see made as Masterpiece figures? - As at 2019

If Moist doesn't include a bagel, we riot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellico View Post
    Though that said the changes in the animation models between 84 and 85 it isn't always a direct copy. Trailbreaker and Hoist are a good example as are Huffer/Pipes and Brawn/Outback. Red Alert and the Coneheads are good examples of TT being willing to do it.
    I was thinking more along the lines of Inferno and Grapple which were simultaneously gang moulded rather than Grapple simply being an after-thought retool of Inferno. It allows them to milk more money out of the core mould but without the additional cost of retro-tooling the mould. You develop both versions of the same core mould at the same time.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Porsche isn't necessarily against issuing licence to Transformers, they are currently against allowing their vehicles to be affiliated with war. Volkswagen had the same stance, which is why Takara could release the Disney Label Donald Duck Transformer as a VW Beetle, but not say Bumblebee because that continuity is war-related.

HasTak were finally able to get Volkswagen to concede and allow them to purchase the licence for war-related Transformers like Bumblebee, but Porsche is still refusing. I don't know if it's enough to simply release an MP Meister with zero weapons and limit references to G1 continuity. Like don't show any images from the cartoon of Jazz holding a gun, rewrite his bio so that he's no longer a Lt Commander etc etc. -- but would fans accept this? They could release Jazz's weapons in future MPs but don't explicitly state it. e.g. MP Skids could could come with Jazz's launcher and gun which happen to be compatible with both toys -- let fans work it out. Similar to how they released Ratchet's Red Cross stickers with those for red corners and let fans cut them out. MP Hubcap could come with two guns and you could just donate one to Cliffjumper. I don't know if that would be enough to appease Porsche though... maybe not.
    ... You do know that Porsche is owned by Volkswagen right?

MP Hubcap could come with two guns and you could just donate one to Cliffjumper. I don't know if that would be enough to appease Porsche though... maybe not.
    I thought Hubcap is also a super-deformed Porsche, like CJ, but without a spoiler.
    Recent Acquisitions: MP-53+B Dia Burnout
    (Pre-)ordered: Missing Link C-02
    Wants: Encore Headmasters!

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    ... You do know that Porsche is owned by Volkswagen right?
    I initially thought so too, which is why when MP Bumblebee was announced I got excited expecting MP Meister and Cliff to be not far behind. But unfortunately I think that their licensing is handled by separate companies. It is my understanding that Porsche's licensing is done through a company called Porsche Lizenz- und Handelsgesellschaft mbH & Co. KG (a.k.a. Porsche Design). And I believe that VW's licensing is handled a different company called the International Management Group. So obviously IMG have come to the table in 2016 with allowing the VW licence, but we're still waiting on Porsche Design to play ball.

Voted for Jazz as the G1 character I want next and Blackarachnia as the BW character I want next.
    Looking at the poll results I'm not alone with either of those options.

Galvatron for me. My post-1986 movie shelf is looking very bare. I know TT will make an amazingly accurate Galvatron, I just don’t want to wait until I’m retired before getting it.

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I was thinking more along the lines of Inferno and Grapple which were simultaneously gang moulded rather than Grapple simply being an after-thought retool of Inferno. It allows them to milk more money out of the core mould but without the additional cost of retro-tooling the mould. You develop both versions of the same core mould at the same time.
    Anything that allows a mold to be milked more is a good thing IMHO. Likewise any thing that doesn't require a license. 3rd parties have done some interesting things with the 84/85 variants even to the extent of differing heights. I would love to see what TT could do.

In general I want MP Cons. My shelf is looking stupidly unbalanced at the moment. The insecticons are such a no brainer.

In order of preference:

Jazz (and Stepper/Ricochet re-mould/colour)
    Trailbreaker (and subsequent Hoist re-mould/colour)
    Cliffjumper (and maybe Hubcap re-mould/colour)
    Brawn (and Outback re-mould/colour)
    Mirage
    Reflector (3 in one package please! Don't want to buy 3 seperate ones)
    Huffer (and subsequent Pipes re-mould/colour)
    Gears (and subsequent Swerve re-mould/colour)

...then on to '86 movie cast.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

How many people would buy an MP Ligier (Mirage) toy repainted in its red and white DX Set variant colours? Of course it'd be done as a new character like MP Cordon and it may be dearer due to being manufactured in smaller quantities.

I would!