Alt-mode - Saleen S281 police car
Main Features/Gimmicks - scale, greater screen likeness
Main Colours - black with white, grey and silver highlights
Main Accessories - food slicer^rotor blade wheel

Photos:

Comparison with the 2007 Deluxe figure

Pros
+ Superior screen accuracy, both in terms of sculpt and colours
+ In scale with other SS toys (see "Regarding Scale" below)
+ Smaller chest allows for greater range of arm movement
+ No parts that are prone to popping off
+ Detachable spinning accessory is much better than the extendable left hand gimmick on the 07 hand
+ Better balanced than the 07 toy
+ Mid section tabs in better than on the 07 toy and isn't as prone to popping out
+ Having actual hands is sooo much better than the quasi-hands on the old figure
+ The front section actually contracts to become the chest. The 07 toy expands, but in the movie model it shrinks down, so this is more accurate to the way that Barricade transforms in the film.

Cons
- The faux rubber window kibble on the back doesn't look nearly as nice as having actual windows form up the back like on the 07 figure
- 07 figure has clear headlights and nicer looking strobe light. SS Barricade's headlights are just painted silver, and while the strobe light is serviceable the 07 figure's admittedly looks better
- While the mid section does tab in better than the old toy, it doesn't exactly tab in firmly either.
- No stowage for the spinning blade weapon in vehicle mode. You either attach it for his attack vehicle mode or just set it aside. Mind you SS Bumblebee suffers from the same issue.
- Aww, no Frenzy gimmick. I understand why it doesn't have it, but still... that's a fun gimmick on the older figure.

Regarding Scale
The first thing that strikes you about this toy is that it's small. But this is not uncommon with SS cars -- Bumblebee and particularly Jazz are also quite small Deluxes. But of course, this is deliberately done to keep the toys in scale. I'll post some side-by-side comparison pics with Bumblebee later, but for now here are some comparative numbers. Both Barricade and Bumblebee are 12cm. In the live action movie they're both 4.9m tall, so having them the same height puts them both to scale in robot mode. Here are their real life vehicle dimensions:
Saleen S281
Length - 4.8m
Width - 1.9m
Height - 1.4m
2nd Generation Camaro
Length - 4.8m
Width - 1.9m
Height - 1.3m
So they're about the same size (IRL the Camaro is slightly smaller), so I'd expect SS Bumblebee and Barricade to be roughly the same size in car mode.

Overall
I think that Studio Series Barry Cade has a better robot mode whereas the original movie Deluxe has the better car mode. Not the greatest Studio Series toy, but considering that you're effectively getting a scaled down and simplified Masterpiece Barricade but for a fraction of the price, I think it's worth the asking price.