• No

0 0%
  • Not even interested

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toy Review - Siege Shockwave

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Loving the base figure.

I have no real attachment to the extra bits, however I appreciate the idea to keep him in scale but still give value for money.

Any instructions anywhere on how to make his surfboard?

Being Voyager sized with extra parts, it scales well with Megatron, Starscream and Soundwave. The light piping is a welcome feature. The box is nicely designed. As great as the figure looks, I only bought it at a discounted price and not the $89.99 RRP.

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    Any instructions anywhere on how to make his surfboard?
    Instructions for surfboard mode: https://youtu.be/yrMxzBsCGH0?t=481

In surfboard mode, the engine pod connectors on my copy seem very loose. Is this a common issue?

Quote Originally Posted by kovert View Post

In surfboard mode, the engine pod connectors on my copy seem very loose. Is this a common issue?
    Yes, I have the same. It's okay in spaceship mode because of the extra tabs to keep it aligned, but surfboard mode is very loose. I should try and get some varnish onto it some day to see if it can be tighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Butcher31 View Post
    Yes, I have the same. It's okay in spaceship mode because of the extra tabs to keep it aligned, but surfboard mode is very loose. I should try and get some varnish onto it some day to see if it can be tighter.
    I exchanged Shockwave today and managed to get the last one in the store. Unfortunately, the connector on the left engine pod is still loose. And the elbows are loose too. Oh well, it's only a toy that retails for $89.99.

Thanks to Myer's clearance of this guy at $50, I finally grabbed Shockwave. The sled thingamajig will go into storage. I care nothing for it or the add on kit options.

That said, for $50, the base figure is worth it and I paid voyager price for a nicely detailed Shockwave that turns into a laser gun. Sure it moonlights as a submarine or whatever, but that's just a bonus. Very happy with Shockwave as a voyager!

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

I passed up Shockwave initially as I was disappointed there was no adequate gun mode, but then I came across a method. So I bought him when I was in Singapore at Robo Robo, which has lots of out of print items. Glad I did as this gun mode is pretty good, considering we'll probably never get a G1 laser gun. The green tube is a plastic straw to allow connecting the hose to the top instead of the side 5mm port. Bonus is that this method uses nearly all the accessories. The spaceship cockpit makes for a nice trigger.