Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama wins US election

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I give him 6 months before one of the many redneck, gun-toting, white supremacists take him out....
    I'll take that bet. My money's on nine months!

Quote Originally Posted by jacksplatt11 View Post
    Why am I slightly aroused when I looked at this picture????

In all seriousness congrats to Obama. Hope you can make a change
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I give him 6 months before one of the many redneck, gun-toting, white supremists take him out.
    It's sad that both my gf and I thought the same thing when he was declared winner. Her first thought was "I hope he doesnt get shot now" (I knew he wouldnt since his speech was made from behind bullet proof glass shielding), whereas mine was "Hope he makes it to his swear in in January."

Both speeches were fantastic, I don't think McCain would have been a bad president, but his constant gaffes in interviews and general errors (biggest one was choosing Palin) reminded me far too much of Bush. (at least McCain has a good excuse for having mental blanks, unlike Bush).

What I truly would have loved to have seen would have been as to how much sucking up Howard would have done to Obama, and I wonder how much Obama would tolerate.
    Alas the two incompetents (Howard and Bush) managed to run themselves and their parties out of contention at the next election. [/sarcasm]
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Alas the two incompetents (Howard and Bush) managed to run themselves and their parties out of contention at the next election. [/sarcasm]
    I'm still getting used to the idea that some one who appears to be competent will be running America
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    I'm still getting used to the idea that some one who appears to be competent will be running America
    Don't be mistaken. Bush was never running America. He was just the figurehead for a lot of other bastards. Blaming Bush for America is like blaming Ronald McDonald for the hamburgers. (Thank you Ultimate Thor for that analogy )

Quote Originally Posted by griffin
    I give him 6 months before one of the many redneck, gun-toting, white supremists take hime out.
    Reminds me of that joke Eddie Murphy made about the first black American President on Saturday Night Live and Delirious. "He won't stay still!"

Sad but true... they already caught some whackos who were planning on assassinating Obama (and killing other blacks) during his campaign. It's gonna get worse now that he's President.

They would be seething right now, having their sacred symbol (the presidency) tainted by that which they most hate (blacks, who are seen as little more than animals in their mind). There'll be a rush on which white supremist group is first to 'save the nation' by removing their new black 'master'.
    Stupid viewpoint aside, it's kinda funny how they feel that Obama is somehow racially inferior from having African heritage... despite the fact that is half white. I think many more sensible people see Obama as being the potential bridge between race relations being the son of a black father and white mother.

The secret service are sure gonna be busy...
    Sad but true.

Let's hope that Obama doesn't follow the same tragic fate as Lincoln, Malcolm X and Martin Luther King. <touch.wood>

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Reminds me of that joke Eddie Murphy made about the first black American President on Saturday Night Live and Delirious. "He won't stay still!"
    I remember that joke lol

I am curious as to what security measures they'll take when Obama travels to those "enlightened" parts of the U.S.A

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post

Let's hope that Obama doesn't follow the same tragic fate as Lincoln, Malcolm X and Martin Luther King. <touch.wood>
    Don't forget Kennedy, Garfield and Mckinley, and several other presidents surived assasintaion attempts. Seems like about 25% of US persidents experience assasination attempts. It's a dangerous job, now wonder his wife was concerned.

Just looking at all these names has got my scratching my head. Why do they kill/try to kill the good ones and let someone like Bush sit in office for the maximum term. It defies logic.

When a redneck organisation tries to take out Obama, it'd be interesting to see his reaction.

Does he play the conserative card and say, "I feel bad that these people are too ignorant to ever let go of thier bigotry."

Or does he use the magic "terror" blanket, and declare the KKK a terrorist organistion. Therefore allowing security agencies to annihilate the group.

I also hope an inquiry is made into the Bush administration. I hope they find the Bush puppet guilty of falsifing an attack on the Pentagon (a traitorist act = death penalty depending on severity), declaring an illegal war, and for rigging the 2004 US Presindential election.

Good luck Mr Obama.