Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mpm8 Megatron and Mpm9 Jazz

Default Mpm8 Megatron and Mpm9 Jazz

https://news.tfw2005.com/2019/01/26/...evealed-381718

Jazz has a split feature to recreate megatron pulling him apart

Images here mirrored from the news post above (a lot more photos can be found there).

(the Jazz toy is able to be split at the waist, and an extra accessory can be plugged into the top half to look like innards hanging off... to allow you to replicate the movie scene with Megatron holding both halves of Jazz)
    Last edited by griffin; 26th January 2019 at 07:31 PM. Reason: added in mirrored images

Quote Originally Posted by G1Optimal View Post
    Jazz has a split feature to recreate megatron pulling him apart
    That's just rude.
    I will be legit mad if this gimmick causes any other part of MPM Jazz to suffer though.

pics from TOYPLUS on weibo via TF Thai Fanclub on fb

Yeah he looks awesome~! I love how they've included the details on his shoulders and back. A huge step up from the overrated human alliance version.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    That's just rude.
    I will be legit mad if this gimmick causes any other part of MPM Jazz to suffer

Qc problems on mpms , what else is new lol

Don't know why they'd waste resources on another Jazz figure 😏 but that Megatron looks amazing.
    Catch is, if I drop some dollars for Megatron, then I'll have to buy a Barricade for the whole Decepticon MP shelf thing.

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Don't know why they'd waste resources on another Jazz figure 😏 but that Megatron looks amazing.
    Megatron would benefit with some die cast.

Here is a demonstration of Jazz splitting in half. It looks like there is a latch on the lower half of the torso that has to be released to allow the split.

Definitely getting Jazz. Megatron looks good, but I'm cagey about it because I'm wondering if I should hold out for a different iteration of Megatron, even though it may take a while to show up because Hasbro/TakaraTOMY seem to be going through characters one movie at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    I will be legit mad if this gimmick causes any other part of MPM Jazz to suffer though.

Yeah he looks awesome~! I love how they've included the details on his shoulders and back. A huge step up from the overrated human alliance version.
    It looks like the split occurs where his waist rotator would be, so I doubt the figure was compromised to allow this gimmick.

As for details, my guess is that the Human Alliance figure was compromised due to its need to have a working cabin that a figure could fit in. The Masterpieces have no such requirements.

Still, the HA Jazz is in my opinion the best currently available movieverse Jazz.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
    Every figure in the restarted Movie Masterpiece line has diecast in it. It looks like Megatron has it in the fuselage - notice how the section of the fuselage between the wings in fighter mode is a different colour to the surrounding plastic.

Finally! Been waiting for a MP movie Megatron. And Jazz is an added bonus. Opening up a can of worms here but hate the Bayverse designs all you want, at least the MP movie figures are decently priced.

Here’s hoping for Ratchet, then we got the 2007 movie Autobot crew.

These look great! I'm a sucker for the MPMs, Bumblebee and Barricade were great, Optimus looks decent too but could have used a bit more effort in the QC area to fix the truck bonnet issue.

If they are starting out with the first movie figures then it'll be interesting to see how they improve on SS Blackout's design, and leader class Starscream from RotF.

Loving that Jazz, the splitting in half gimmick is genius! Can't wait to recreate that scene, in fact I think that's how they will be displayed. The little Sam running with cube figure is a nice touch too.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ_Prime View Post
    Loving that Jazz, the splitting in half gimmick is genius! Can't wait to recreate that scene, in fact I think that's how they will be displayed.
    I look forward to Sideways' gimmick too!

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
    And rubber tyres.