Thread: Is my devastator a ko?

Default Is my devastator a ko?

Hi folks, wondering if some experts can help - recently received this, touted as the walmart reissue.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Transfor...rdt=true&rt=nc

But the plastic seems a bit light green (and not the strongest) and the purple drum on mixmaster doesn't match online pics I've seen of the walrmart one.

Have I been had? Should I complain to the seller?

First. We have a section dedicated to KOs and identifying them. This thread will probably be moved there.

Second. That looks Encore 20A Anime Devastator, not Walmart Devastator.

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Devastator_(G1)#Encore

Thanks and sorry for posting in the wrong section (looking after my kid so only had a quick scan of which forums)

Quote Originally Posted by Logician View Post
    Thanks and sorry for posting in the wrong section (looking after my kid so only had a quick scan of which forums)
    No problem.

As TF Wiki says Anime Devastator has some major QC issues that vary from figure to figure depending on luck of the draw. Mine, for instance, leans forward and is almost impossible to get Longhaul to slot into place at the waist.

Oh also, yeah you should probably report the seller to ebay. He said it was the Walmart reissue but it actually is the second Encore reissue. There are reasons why someone might look for a specific version of a Transformer. Like for instance, the QC might be better on version A than version B. If I bought version A but received version B I'd be upset.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    No problem.

As TF Wiki says Anime Devastator has some major QC issues that vary from figure to figure depending on luck of the draw. Mine, for instance, leans forward and is almost impossible to get Longhaul to slot into place at the waist.
    yeah mine's a bit of a leaner - oh well, only paid about $60 all up.

As for reporting the seller, I think they genuinely didn't know, judging from their items, but will raise it with the seller.

Quote Originally Posted by Logician View Post
    As for reporting the seller, I think they genuinely didn't know, judging from their items, but will raise it with the seller.
    Ignorance is no excuse. They had no legal right to sell that to you and you are entitled under consumer law to recompense. Again, it is your entitled right as a consumer, not a privilege.