Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: First look at Studio Series DOTM Megatron, ROTF Jetfire and... Constructicons

Default First look at Studio Series DOTM Megatron, ROTF Jetfire and... Constructicons

A convention on in the UK at the moment had a display by Hasbro that included two new Studio Series toys - Dark of the Moon Megatron (tanker truck) and Revenge of the Fallen Jetfire.
    Both are said to be Leader class, with Jetfire having an axe and Megatron having a fabric cowl.

And leaked through one of the usual Chinese sources, the cover of an instruction booklet for SS-42 Voyager Long Haul.

With leaked listings that have several other Constructicons to be released in the Studio Series, it has been suggested that the Studio Series Constructicons could be designed to combine into Devastator.

I sold off my original figures (which I regret) of these 3 so very happy to get some new versions.

I'm hoping Megatron turns out to be a leader class. I've wanted DotM leader Megatron with his shotgun and a cloth cloak since the movie came out.

Jetfire looks interesting, but I want to see more photos of him. Like other Studio Series figures, he'll likely be based on the final animation model rather than being based on concept art, and not having an electronics pack or (possibly) needing to combine with Optimus will work in the figure's favour.

Meanwhile, over in Paris, Hasbro are participating in another convention at the same time, showing off ROTF Jetfire with two more toys - ROTF Voyager Optimus (remoulded to be able to combine with Jetfire) and Voyager Bonecrusher.
    They also released official promo images of the three, which are only computer generated, so don't give us a lot of detail. (it also erroneously notes Optimus as "Transformers", when it should be "Revenge of the Fallen", since it combines with Jetfire)
    The presentation notes these as wave 1, so might be scheduled for release in January (as wave 1 of 2019).

I'm.... I'm gonna need a bigger shelf.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    A convention on in the UK at the moment had a display by Hasbro that included two new Studio Series toys - Dark of the Moon Megatron (tanker truck) and Revenge of the Fallen Jetfire.
    Both are said to be Leader class, with Jetfire having an axe and Megatron having a fabric cowl.

And leaked through one of the usual Chinese sources, the cover of an instruction booklet for SS-42 Voyager Long Haul.

With leaked listings that have several other Constructicons to be released in the Studio Series, it has been suggested that the Studio Series Constructicons could be designed to combine into Devastator.
    Hmmmm, I really liked DOTM Megs, but that one is looking a little too Mad-Max for me, his spikes weren’t that massive. Will have to see it in person to decide.

Interesting about Long Haul. I thought he looked great in ROTF - easily the best Constructicon by a long shot - so would’ve good to see what the finished product looks like

The link I posted in my last posting has been updated with full size official images of both modes. Still just CG images though, but comes with official promo blurbs, telling us the SS numbers of those three toys...

Transformers Studio Series 33 Voyager Class Movie 1 Bonecrusher Action Figure
    (Ages 8 and up)
    The Studio Series 33 Voyager Class Movie 1 BONECRUSHER figure converts from robot to General Dynamics Buffalo MPCV mode in 33 steps. The 6.5-inch figure features vivid, movie-inspired deco and a detailed claw attached to the figure that’s modeled after the one BONECRUSHER uses to thrash at his enemies in the film. Figure scale reflects the character’s size in the world of TRANSFORMERS Movie 1. Premium figure and packaging are inspired by the iconic Highway Showdown scene where BONECRUSHER tackles OPTIMUS PRIME off a highway overpass, viciously thrashing at his enemy with his razor-sharp claw. Perfect for fans looking for a more advanced converting figure. Available at most major retailers and on HasbroToyShop.com.

Transformers Studio Series 32 Voyager Class Movie 1 Optimus Prime Action Figure
    (Ages 8 and up)
    The Studio Series 32 Voyager Class Movie 1 OPTIMUS PRIME figure converts from robot to truck mode in 37 steps. The 6.5-inch figure features vivid, movie-inspired deco and includes a detailed weapon accessory – a blaster weapon accessory modeled after the weapon OPTIMUS PRIME uses in the film. Figure scale reflects the character’s size in the world of TRANSFORMERS Movie 1. Premium figure and packaging are inspired by the iconic Highway Showdown scene where OPTIMUS PRIME waits for the perfect moment to strike as he fends off the ferocious BONECRUSHER on a highway underpass. Perfect for fans looking for a more advanced converting figure. Available at most major retailers and on HasbroToyShop.com.

Transformers Studio Series 35 Leader Class Revenge of the Fallen Movie Jetfire Action Figure
    (Ages 8 and up)
    The Studio Series 35 Voyager Class JETFIRE figure features vivid, movie-inspired deco and converts from robot to jet mode in 36 steps. The 8.5-inch figure includes 3 detailed accessories including cane and battle axe accessories. Figure scale reflects the character’s size in the world of TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN. Premium figure and packaging are inspired by the iconic Pyramid Desert Battle scene where JETFIRE makes the ultimate sacrifice, heroically giving up his parts to restore and strengthen OPTIMUS PRIME. Imagine this scene and use parts from this JETFIRE figure to convert the 32 Voyager OPTIMUS PRIME figure into JETWING OPTIMUS PRIME! (Sold separately. Subject to availability.) Perfect for fans looking for a more advanced converting figure. Available at most major retailers and on HasbroToyShop.com.

Time to sell my ROTF Leader OP and Jetfire!

Interesting to see that this line is still going strong.

I will need to see Jetfire's SR-71 jet mode and combined mode before I commit to a purchase though.

C'mon RotF Studio Series Ravage!
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    Interesting to see that this line is still going strong.

I will need to see Jetfire's SR-71 jet mode and combined mode before I commit to a purchase though.

C'mon RotF Studio Series Ravage!
    Dont forget rotf soundwave! The best soundwave of the movies