Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tiny Changers wave 5

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Toymate still has Wave 4, and we seem to have missed wave 3. So I don't know whether we'll see these here

I checked it out yesterday and Toymate at Robina have wave 3, not wave 4.
    Wave 3 was starting to show up at Toyworlds in Melbourne and Brisbane from last October (wave 2 then showed up at Coles in November), so it isn't surprising to see wave 3 at Toymate as well.
    I think BigW must have gotten burnt on the Tiny Changers, with most stores getting in several cases of the first wave for one of their sales in 2017, and then proceeded to discount them to about $2 before they all disappeared over a year later. As such, Tiny Changers seem to have disappeared from the department stores, making them very sporadic in this country, and I don't trust future waves getting here. (they aren't easy to buy online either, at a reasonable price - you either have to import a whole case, or buy an over-priced set on ebay)

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I checked it out yesterday and Toymate at Robina have wave 3, not wave 4.
    Perhaps they sold out of the newer series 4 and left with shelfwarming series 3 case lot by the time you got there. Is that a possibility? Or they mixed series 4 blind bags into series 3 box to save space. Or they kept the newer series 4 behind the point-of-sale counter (or another discrete location) to minimise sticky fingers.

Anyway, that’s a bit of a trip down the highway just to check it out. Definitely worth another trip IMO (or get a local peep to do your bidding).

I’m no Tiny Turbo Changer oficionado but I too thought I saw series 4 floating about.
    Last edited by Galvatran; 26th February 2019 at 03:48 PM.

All of that is possible, but there was no sign of wave 4 being anywhere in the store (I looked all around for them), and no evidence of them being found anywhere in Australia. I even asked earlier in this topic if it could be verified, so went down myself to check. It was only a little over two weeks since he mentioned it, so it is unlikely (yet possible) that they all sold out, leaving a heap of just wave 3 behind.

As these are out in America now, the 12 bag codes are now known....

• A – KSI Sentry (Age of Extinction, reuse of Dark of the Moon Soundwave)
    • B – Megatron (Tank)
    • C – Autobot Topspin (Dark of the Moon)
    • D – Arcee (Revenge of the Fallen)
    • E – Cliffjumper (Bumblebee, red version of VW Bumblebee)
    • F – Autobot Hound (Age of Extinction)
    • G – Shadow Spark Megatron (The Last Knight, purple version of The Last Knight Megatron)
    • H – Optimus Prime (Bumblebee)
    • I – Scorponok (2007)
    • J – Iron Forge Steelbane (The Last Knight, blue and non-exclusive version of Steelbane)
    • N – Crankcase (Dark of the Moon, reuse of The Last Knight Berserker)
    • P – Long Haul (Revenge of the Fallen)