Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: WFC Siege Omega Supreme, Jetfire, Mirage, Impactor

Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    Garbage - this is Takara blatantly ripping their customers off!!!!

Hasbro have a RRP of $79.99 on Siege Jetfire; Takara have a RRP of $170.22USD - 112% more than the RRP Hasbro have it for!

Stop making excuses for Takara shamelessly ripping their customers off!
    I actually agree with your comment that Takara appears to be charging a lot more than the converted US retail price. What is untrue is the notion that I am somehow making excuses for Takara charging excessive prices. Who wants to pay more?

The comment I made in relation to the AUD being weak against the JPY was in response to DELTAprime's message about Jetfire being $211 including GST from HLJ. I normally look at HLJ's site as a reference for import prices because it has the cleanest design. I look at AUD, not USD. Other sites could be even cheaper but aren't as well designed in my opinion.

Here are my conversions:

* Current exchange rate: AU$1 = ¥78 (round down to ¥76 due to HLJ conversion fees) $189 + GST
    * Jan 2018 highest exchange rate: $AU = ¥88 (round down to ¥86 due to HLJ conversion fees) $167 no GST

The $167 was fairly close to the projected local maximum RRP of $149.99 so I thought nothing of it.

To be honest, Japanese retail price to USD conversion didn't even register until I checked the JPY to USD conversion now on HLJ. Even the forum post above by Sinnertwin about the Robot Kingdom (RK) USD price didn't register with me because I rarely look at RK and USD.

bowspearer Guest

Kovert, I completely agree that the AUD has taken a hit and anything bought from Japan is thereby going to cost 8/7 more than when the exchange rate was higher - to say nothing of the extra 10% we're now paying in GST as of mid last year.

My issue is the excuses people keep making for TakaraTomy of late, because no one wants to admit the horrible truth.

Honestly, I get it. I was only saying to Tober this afternoon that even a year ago, I could never imagine having the current opinion of TT which I currently hold, much less there being the evidence to back it up, and if I'm honest, I despise the fact that things have reached that point. But as that turn of phrase floating around of late notes, facts don't care about feelings.

The danger signs were there as of the + releases for both Megs 2.0 and Shockwave, yet we kept making excuses. First it was the limited run of TT Mall exclusives with those two. Then it was mould reuse with Dinobot and BW Megs. Then it was the tech jump with MP-44. Yet now, forgetting about Bumblebee v2.0 costing more than Sunstreaker and only slightly less than Cordon, we have a clear example with Jetfire of comparing apples with apples, laying the cold hard truth bare for us all to see.

At this point, the evidnece is there and we need to stop making excuses for TakaraTomy in a good faith towards them whoch clearly hasn't been returned in kind.

The only question is how long it will before people are honest with themselves and admit that the excuses are just that and that all they do is enable this appalling show of bad faith by TakaraTomy by fans who have shown them incredible loyalty for over a decade.

Umm, is Jetfire a Decepticon now? Because seibertron has TT pictures that show a purple Decepticon logo (up his extra battle armour has red autobot). Painting mistake, or is there a logo swap feature I missed hearing about?
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Umm, is Jetfire a Decepticon now? Because seibertron has TT pictures that show a purple Decepticon logo
    It's a reference to Skyfire's first appearance in G1, on being woken from stasis he joined the Decepticons but when he realized they weren't fighting for a noble cause he switched sides and became an Autobot.
    Painting mistake, or is there a logo swap feature I missed hearing about?
    Possibly it will be like Combiner Wars Megatron, he came with a sticker sheet with two Decepticon and Autobot insignias so you could choose which faction he belonged to.
    While a flippable or replaceable panel would be a nice addition (and the toy does seem to have an outline that indicates the possibility, so maybe?) it's just as likely to be choice of stickers.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
    It's a reference to Skyfire's first appearance in G1, on being woken from stasis he joined the Decepticons but when he realized they weren't fighting for a noble cause he switched sides and became an Autobot.
    Yeah, in fact if I am remembering S1 correctly, you see him standing there with a big Decepticon symbol on his chest while standing guard in the Arctic.

He was a Decepticon briefly in both Dreamwave and IDW too.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
    Possibly it will be like Combiner Wars Megatron, he came with a sticker sheet with two Decepticon and Autobot insignias so you could choose which faction he belonged to.
    While a flippable or replaceable panel would be a nice addition (and the toy does seem to have an outline that indicates the possibility, so maybe?) it's just as likely to be choice of stickers.
    I'm really hopeful for a flip panel rather than stickers so it gives you multiple play/display options, rather than locking you in to one faction.

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Umm, is Jetfire a Decepticon now? Because seibertron has TT pictures that show a purple Decepticon logo (up his extra battle armour has red autobot). Painting mistake, or is there a logo swap feature I missed hearing about?
    As DarkHyren said, reference to the G1 cartoon origins. But it's also a reference to the G1 comic book origin where Jetfire also started off as a Decepticon. Although he was constructed on Earth and was initially a lifeless drone.

I suspect it's a flippable logo à la TM2 Blackarachnia, ROTF Wheelie, MP Bumblebee etc.

I may leave him as a Decepticon.
    I won't support a faction that leaves their comrade buried in ice until they need a plane ride.

Seibertron has live pictures of Omega Supreme that look even better than the ones we've seen previously, as it shows them to scale with micromaster toys. And the angle they've taken over the rocket mode base makes the rocket look HUGE!
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I suspect it's a flippable logo à la TM2 Blackarachnia, ROTF Wheelie, MP Bumblebee etc.
    Flippable panel L-R. Nice touch for them to include it.
    Last edited by Sinnertwin; 17th February 2019 at 01:40 PM.

FatalityPitt Guest

Some pics from a Toy Fair in New York via Seibertron: https://www.seibertron.com/transform...toyfair/42944/

Impactor, Jetfire, Omega Supreme and Springer look freaking amazing!

I could see Red Alert in the background in some of the photos, but they don't seem to focus on him much. Wish they did though, since I decided I'll get him instead of Sideswipe. They showed Impactor but no Mirage. Disappointing but hopefully we'll soon see how Mirage looks.