Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast

Thread: WFC Siege Omega Supreme, Jetfire, Mirage, Impactor

Actually, for a while I gave up collecting Transformers because the sizes were just too inconsistent.
    But then they appeared to be correcting that error:

There's seven seperate design groups here and the scale is consistent.
    In any case, I don't care about cartoon scale, it's the toy scale that's relevant to me (as shown above).
    Which is why I rejected Siege Skyfire, I wanted a comic accurate Jetfire who should been at the largest end of this range and wasn't.

Regarding Omega Supreme, this is what I consider to be his accurate size:

Slightly taller then a Combiner, but more or less the same size scale group.

The two previous cases that earned my disapproval were Combiner Wars Devastator and Power of the Primes Predaking, since they didn't adhere to the Combiner Wars scale established as a standard by Hasbro.
    Why they chose to ignore their own design methodology is incomprehensible to me.
    And Siege Omega Supreme is just compounding that error further.....

In any case, I'm the one who pays for the toys and if I'm not satisfied, then I'm not spending my money.

The G1 cartoon/comic had a mass-shifting technology, it was quite common for Transformers to shrink or enlarge when they transformed if their alternate mode was a small handheld item.
    What I go by is the non-alt mech mode, since that's fairly consistent (as much as it can be).
    And Megatron hasn't been a handgun for a very long time, he's now a tank.
    Last edited by Tilarta; 1st September 2019 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilarta View Post
    Actually, for a while I gave up collecting Transformers because the sizes were just too inconsistent.
    But then they appeared to be correcting that error:
    In any case, I don't care about cartoon scale, it's the toy scale that's relevant to me
    Which is why I rejected Siege Skyfire, I wanted a comic accurate Jetfire who should been at the largest end of this range and wasn't.
    Depends on the comic. It was only in some Marvel comics that Jetfire was only a tad higher than the likes of Jazz. In DW and IDW he was significantly bigger like he was in the cartoon.
    Have you thought about tracking down the old Classics Jetfire? He might be of a scale more to your liking.

Regarding Omega Supreme, this is what I consider to be his accurate size:

Slightly taller then a Combiner, but more or less the same size scale group.
    The two previous cases that earned my disapproval were Combiner Wars Devastator and Power of the Primes Predaking, since they didn't adhere to the Combiner Wars scale established as a standard by Hasbro.
    Why they chose to ignore their own design methodology is incomprehensible to me.
    And Siege Omega Supreme is just compounding that error further.....
    But surely if you are that worried about your figures scaling accurately with each other, then the likes of Predaking, Devastator and the new Omega should please you. In most media your average bot comes up to a gestalts knee at best. Most deluxe figures come up to the knee of Devastator etc but come up the waist of the likes of CW Bruticus, Defensor etc etc. So scale wise most CW combiners are too small to scale accurately with most other toys.

Anyway, you can always have more than one toy of a character so it can scale for you. For me I like the fact that my YOTS Omega Supreme scales well with most CW/UW gestalts as well as the Titans like Metroplex. So I have them all together. The new Omega will scale well with the likes of CW Devastator, POTP Predaking and most of my deluxes so I will have them all displayed together.

It’s really rather simple to comprehend – money and differentiation of the toyline. By putting a Titan-sized toy on the shelves it gave a different sized toy for the consumer to consider buying. Hasbro is a business after all. The more different sized figures there are on the shelves, the more likely there will be something to appeal to everyone and the more likely a sale will be made.

Actually, the largest figures in my collection are aroundabout the same height as a Combiner's knee joint:

According to the internet, Shockwave and Windblade (shown here) are Deluxe class figures, so the statement about them being as tall as a Combiner's waist isn't consistent/comprehensible.

I think there are sizes above deluxe, but as there are only three largest figures (two of whom are Combiner cores) in my collection:

I have no personal understanding of the other size classes in context/comparision to my existing collection.

By the way, Devastator is the same height as Victorion:

At least, in the cartoon he is.

Hence why I've established the CW figures as the baseline, since they're adhering closest to the expected scale system.

Actually, the largest figures in my collection are aroundabout the same height as a Combiner's knee joint:

According to the internet, Shockwave and Windblade (shown here) are Deluxe class figures, so the statement about them being as tall as a Combiner's waist isn't consistent/comprehensible.

I think there are sizes above deluxe, but as there are only three largest figures (two of whom are Combiner cores) in my collection:

I have no personal understanding of the other size classes in context/comparision to my existing collection.
    Yes, you seem to have trouble comprehending or understanding quite a bit. Let me see if I can help:

The Deluxe class has significantly decreased in size over the past several years. If you look at the deluxe size for the 10 years previous to that they were much bigger. A lot of people who have been collecting for years would have the majority of their CHUG collection in that bigger size. Hence my comment ‘most deluxes’.

And if your argument is that Shockwave is only as tall as a regular CW combiners knee... er... perhaps look at your own photo again. Shockwave is clearly taller. But that’s moot as neither of those toys you say the Internet says are Deluxe class actually are. Shockwave is a (very small) Leader class and that Windblade is a Warrior-class toy from the RID line.

Maybe take some time to do some proper research. Look at some other people’s collections to broaden your exponsure to what’s out there. May help you to understand and comprehend the toy brand as a whole a bit better. May even give you some faith in Hasbro again when you see just how many characters exist in multiple sizes.

Oh and if you still have a problem with Jetfire’s size, check out the list of G1 inspired Jetfire toys on offer. I’m sure you’ll find at least one at the size you want.

What the internet claimed was a Deluxe Class Transformer has a minimum height of 5.5 inches and a maximum height of 6 inches.
    So after finding a measuring reel marked in inches (those wacky Americans and their non-metric conformity), I measured both of these toys to check against those specifications.
    Shockwave is 6 inches, Windblade is 5.5 inches, hence why I classified them as Deluxe, despite whatever classification the packet uses.
    What the original definition of Deluxe is, since I've never seen one, either via photos or personally, I am assuming they're from that timegap segment when I was not collecting.

I don't see the point in buying any of the currently available Titan class Omega Supremes, since, from casual observation, all three versions (counting Hasbro's Siege version and the two 3rd party ones) look identical to me.
    If I wanted one (I don't), I buy the cheapest one and ignore the expensive ones.

I wonder, was there some kind of manufacturing problem that prevented Hasbro giving Jetfire and Omega Supreme authentic comic/cartoon appearances and keeping them small scale?
    Or was it just a choice to sell outsized toys to appeal to that customer demographic?

I'm assuming Hasbro won't be releasing these toys again in a future product line, from what it appears, they only make one toy of a classic G1 character, then move on.
    There's probably some exceptions though, I've seen a Scout class Warpath and one in the 5.5-6 scale.
    So (from my perspective), there probably won't be a second chance to get the Omega Supreme and Jetfire toys I want.
    Last edited by Tilarta; 5th September 2019 at 03:23 AM.

I'm not looking for a Jetfire anymore, as near as I can tell, the only properly designed ones are just Skyfire using Jetfire's name.
    I've already got Siege Skyfire, there's no point in getting a second similarly scaled toy that is almost identical.....
    The same rule applies to Omega Supreme apparently, from casual observation, all three versions (counting Hasbro's Siege version and the two 3rd party ones) look identical to me.

I'm assuming Hasbro won't be releasing these toys again in a future product line, from what it appears, they only make one toy of a classic G1 character, then move on.
    There's probably some exceptions though, I've seen a Scout class Warpath and one in the 5.5-6 scale.
    So (from my perspective), there probably won't be a second chance to get the Omega Supreme and Jetfire toys I want.
    You do know Jetfire and Skyfire are the same character right? He was just called Skyfire in the cartoon due to trademark issues with the toy. There is only one Skyfire toy that isn't Jetfire and that is a small Decepticon one from RID(01).

Na, depending on the character they make tons of toys of G1 characters. I've got multiple G1-styled toys of Jazz, Starscream, Red Alert, Jetfire, Optimus, Megatron, Soundwave, Shockwave, Onslaught, Silverbolt, Bumblebee, Kickback, Springer, Astrotrain, Nosecone, Chromia, Perceptor, Rumble.... the list goes on and on. If you don't like a particular rendition of a character just wait, chances are in a few years they will make a different toy of them.

If you are worried about the scale of the new Omega, I'd suggest tracking down a YOTS Omega Supreme. Whilst his altmode is not G1 accurate, he is probably at the scale you want - taller than the majority of CW gestalts but only about half the height of the Titans. You might find one cheap as many fans will be selling theirs off so they can make room for the upcoming Siege Omega. That's the YOTS version in the top right hand corner standing next to Victorion:

Just a suggestion anyway.
    Last edited by BigTransformerTrev; 3rd September 2019 at 10:31 AM.

I'll be honest. It bugs me that my Blaster, Rodimus and Ultra Magnus tower over the rest of the toys in my CHUG collection that were standard-sized robots in G1. Whoever I don't let it ruin the fun of collecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    I mean, if we're talking about scale, you've got Megatron, a human sized handgun that transforms into a robot bigger than an F15
    At this point, I have to ask, are you genuinely concerned or just takin' the mickey out of us?
    No I think what you're all missing, and what will hopefully restore your enjoyment of the toys is that these are due to mass-shifting https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Size_changing
    Think of it like Ant-Man/Giant-man if you read Marvel and if you're DC "The Atom".

Size is relative, and different interations of toys (e.g. legion, legends, deluxe, voyager, leader) will be at different mass-shift levels. You're really going to spoil your enjoyment of the toys if you think too deeply about it, or let it trouble you.

If its an issue of displaying him right, then you might need to consider posing your Jetfire/Skyfire with a different toy - Combiner Grimlock probably isn't the right toy to put next to him, and maybe Masterpiece would. Mix and match to suit your desires.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Skyfire is the small giant who stands around twice as tall as Optimus and Megatron.
    Jetfire is the one who's only slightly taller then an average size Transformer.
    That's the distinction I make between them, even if they have virtually the same backstory/personality.

I think I'm probably going to wait and see if they do an Omega better suited to the scale I have in mind.
    I am aware of the YOTS Omega, but doesn't he require a 3rd party modkit to look G1 authentic? At least in mechanoid mode anyway.
    I'm not sure if those are still available, from my personal experience, the 3rd party modkits seem to sell out fast and they don't make new ones to compensate for the demand.

As near as I can tell, MassShifting was written out a long time ago, now the size of the Transformer is usually defined by the size of their altmode, so if they're something smaller, they're more or less the same size when transformed/transforming.
    Probably why BlastOff is a fighter jet now instead of a space shuttle.

My basic size list goes something like this:
    Leader class (includes Combiner Cores).
    Standard size (Combiner limbs and comparable figures).
    Scout Class (Transformers downsized for infiltration purposes, like Slash and Rust Dust).
    Micromasters (the tiny ones)
    Minicons (smaller Transformers aroundabout humanoid scale) and Masters (who are humanoid scale)

Skyfire is the small giant who stands around twice as tall as Optimus and Megatron.
    Jetfire is the one who's only slightly taller then an average size Transformer.
    That's the distinction I make between them, even if they have virtually the same backstory/personality.

As near as I can tell, MassShifting was written out a long time ago, now the size of the Transformer is usually defined by the size of their altmode, so if they're something smaller, they're more or less the same size when transformed/transforming.
    Probably why BlastOff is a fighter jet now instead of a space shuttle.

My basic size list goes something like this:
    Leader class (includes Combiner Cores).
    Standard size (Combiner limbs and comparable figures).
    Scout Class (Transformers downsized for infiltration purposes, like Slash and Rust Dust).
    Micromasters (the tiny ones)
    Minicons (smaller Transformers aroundabout humanoid scale) and Masters (who are humanoid scale)
    Wow.... OK... there is so much here I want to correct you on its painful

But that's the problem, I've been trying to give you helpful info but I'm afraid it's going to turn into me pedantically correcting you instead. That's gonna suck your enjoyment out this thread, which I don't wanna do, so I'm just gonna shut up. Believe what you like and enjoy the hobby