Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: MP45 Bumblebee 2.0 (cartoon version)

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    TT have shown they’re not holding back on redesigning their figures. Seekers 3.0 is not a question of if but when.
    Wait until they take this new Bumblebee MP and retool it to look more "toy-accurate", and label it as "MP-45+".

I dunno, I think the MP line began to veer off my from interest around the time of Sunstreaker.

The focus on it seems to be less having a vehicle that transforms into a robot, than having a transformation that hides all vehicle panels inside the mass of the robot and replaces it with fake parts to match the deformations and proportional trickery of the G1 cartoon.

It's much less interesting.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by graza78 View Post
    Looks good from the front.
    Oh yes, the viewing angle from 0 degrees looks amazing - it's the viewing angles from 1 degree - 359 degrees and particularly 90 degrees - 270 degrees, where it looks like the Masterpiece design equivalent of an episode of the Jerry Springer show.

Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post
    Wait until they take this new Bumblebee MP and retool it to look more "toy-accurate", and label it as "MP-45+".
    Who are you kidding? MP-45+ will just be the exact same figure, painted in matt canary yellow, with 1 fire effect part included.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

$150 for this small mp.

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I'm not a fan of the backpack.
    What back pack? Oh, that's just Barney Gumble.

I liked that the Masterpiece series was what I thought I was playing with when I had the G1 version. Perfect real life car to robot that looked close to the G1 but still awesome.

I have no interest in cartoon accurate versions or colour schemes. I am hoping they bring out a reality based colour scheme for Hound or elose there is another I won't buy.

Lol wat
    Are they for real?? This looks so weirdly horrible.

Wait from that photo behind Bumblebee, Hound is still MP 47? Ok time to sleep again.

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    Lol wat
    Are they for real?? This looks so weirdly horrible.
    A face that not even Primus can love

I love this little guy, the silhouette and colours are just right and were lacking on their previous attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Another Bumblebee seems stupid, when there are plenty of other characters yet to be done, and an existing Bumblebee mould that didn't really fly off the shelves (it is one I often see in HK when finding MPs in the toy stores).
    The only reason I'd see them doing another Bumblebee, is if the vehicle mode was sculpted more like the original toy (and to an extend, the cartoon, which looked more compact than a real VW)... as that deformed vehicle mode appearance to the original Bumblebee / Cliffjumper / Hubcap / Bumper toys could be easier to do as a single base mould with alternate vehicle panels. And that deformed (squished) vehicle mode that isn't a replica, might not require licensing either.
    If the licensing is really the reason we haven’t seen stuff like Jazz yet, then Bumblebee isn’t taking up the slot such a character would have received. If this release is paving the way for Cliffjumper and other chibu-style minibots, it would nake sense, as MP-21 would look sorely out of place with them.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust