Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: MP45 Bumblebee 2.0 (cartoon version)

RK has confirmed the 13000 yen RRP, and have the figure for ~US$100:

http://www.robotkingdom.com/tftrmp45.html

I absolutely love it. It’s cute and adorable. It’s the Bumblebee I grew up with. I can hear Dan Gilvezan’s voice when I look at it.

Looks much better front on. But why has the canary yellow from the festival reverted back to the less appealing yellow/orange of MP-21? Or is it just a camera trick?

There are some official photos on tfw2005 now. It looks a little better but for me this is such a waste of time and resources. The previous MP 21 looks fantastic and has a great resemblance to the characters appearance. To do bumblebee again while there are so many characters which haven't had 1 figure let alone multiple renditions just seems redundant. Oh well, another figure I won't be getting so can save money hehe

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Looks much better front on. But why has the canary yellow from the festival reverted back to the less appealing yellow/orange of MP-21? Or is it just a camera trick?
    Maybe they'll release this colour and then later down the track go for MP45+ toon colours

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

No point buying the fake orange. Regardless of real life or cartoon, the vw had a proper lemon yellow version. So is not a licensing excuse for those who don’t know the lemon yellow vw bug does exist.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Maybe they'll release this colour and then later down the track go for MP45+ toon colours
    The sad thing is that this actually has some truth in it.

Surely this is a lighting issue ?!?!?! Otherwise all this time, money and effort to create a more cartoon accurate Bee (from the front at least) and they STILL can’t get the colour right.

Oh, and I know its all about cartoon/animation scale reasons but the figure is waaay too tall when placed next to the Spike mini-figure.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Oh, you know that it's in the pipeline

I want my yellow Bumblebee dammit!

I really don't mind how it looks, but MP-21 looks great, does the job, very well.
    I do feel that the general fan reaction to the appearance of B2 is excessively negative. I'm not getting it.
    For three times the price it's got no hope of satisfying my expectations.

Is it me or has Takara's swing towards Animation accurate gone too far.
    I know my personal preference is for realistic car that transforms into a very good approximation of the screen model with the car parts remaining rather than being all hidden. MP Wheeljack and the Datsuns, and BB are perfect. I'd be happy for them to have more accessories. Non real life characters like shockwave or hotrod I am more lenient on for some reason.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)