Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Botbots wave 2 and 3

More photos of the second series, from TFW's free promo pack.

(going by their listing, the "rarer" figures are in more different packs than the "common" figures)

Official images of the series 3 Arcade 16-pack set, showing us the two modes of the 8 toys that are visible.

Last edited by griffin; 4th May 2019 at 10:55 AM.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Official images of the series 3 Arcade 16-pack set, showing us the two modes of the 8 toys that are visible.
    Where do we think we'll be able to get these in Australia? The regular series 1 & 2 aren't the easiest to find, I imagine these will be harder.

Has anyone else been seeing the Botbots commercial here in the last few weeks?
    I first saw it a couple weeks ago, I think during Star Wars Rebels... and seen it a couple time since.

Just when you think Hasbro were doing us a favour by having codes on the single figure packaging to help us find the figures we want, they pull this stunt with the Arcade Renegades 16-pack.... there are multiple packs, with only 12 of the 16 in each.... and there doesn't look like there is a way of knowing which set you have until you open up the 8 blind pods.

As you can see in the official images a few posts up, the pack as 8 figures visible and 8 figures hidden. With there being 16 new figures (8 new mould & 8 new redecos), it would have seemed obvious that every 16-pack would have all 16 Arcade figures.
    But no.
    The 8 visible figures are the same for every pack, but the 8 hidden pods have only 4 of the 8 redecos, packed with 4 of the series 1 figures.... and if you are wanting to complete the full set and there is no markings on the packaging, you could be unlucky enough to buy several of the same pack, before you come across a pack that has the remaining 4 redecos.
    According to the Amazon listing (it is currently sold out already, but more stock might be coming), there could be six different packs, and the listing apparently only lets you order a maximum of 3.... so if you are really unlucky (like me), you could still end up with 3 of the same pack.

From here two packs have been detailed already (there might only be the two different ones)...

• All Packs: Tutu Puff, Old Cool, Clawsome, Bankshot, Crackle Corn, Knotzel, Greed Feed, Driver Ted
    • Pack 1: Tangry Tart, The Fizz, Pixelfin, Sheriff Sugarfeet, S'up Dawg, Shredder Jack, Laceface, Hawt Diggity
    • Pack 2: 24K-Bit, Wrist Banned, Sweet Cheat, Papa Click, Skillz Punk, Chilla Gorilla, Spud Muffin, Duderoni
    The orange ones are the Arcade redecos, while the red ones are the series 1 repacks.

Hasbro are determined to have us bogged down with duplicates with this toyline... money that could be spent on new toys.

I guess these blind pack collect them all series must work and sell incredibly well since every man and their toyline is getting into them, but it?s hot to hurt consumer spending in the long run as it burns out more and more customers.. I know that the Lego minifig lines sell well and have an ever increasing secondary market but I also know quite a few people who buy a handful when they find them and then stop because it?s not worth the doubles.

I?ve noticed more and more of the blind pack figures going to clearance pricing in kmarts and the supermarkets, even Shopkins who were one of the big success stories. Maybe it means this craze will end. I?d love for the blind pack part to turn to dust but not the bot bots toyline, they?ve been the one modern transformers line I?ve still consistently bought from!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Another 2 packs have been found which have a different assortment of the 8 hidden figures, leading people to think that there are indeed 6 different packs, giving people a huge headache of having very small chance of getting all 16 Arcade Botbots. It's worse than trying to get a full set of blind packed figures form an online source (from personal experience, trying to get the full set of Tiny Changers series 4 from Amazon... still missing one after buying 36 of them).

• All Packs: Tutu Puff, Old Cool, Clawsome, Bankshot, Crackle Corn, Knotzel, Greed Feed, Driver Ted
    • Pack 1: Tangry Tart, The Fizz, Pixelfin, Sheriff Sugarfeet, S'up Dawg, Shredder Jack, Laceface, Hawt Diggity
    • Pack 2: 24K-Bit, Wrist Banned, Sweet Cheat, Papa Click, Skillz Punk, Chilla Gorilla, Spud Muffin, Duderoni
    • Pack 3: Tangry Tart, Sheriff Sugarfeet, Papa Click, Sweet Cheat, Skillz Punk, Chilla Gorilla, Laceface, Duderoni
    • Pack 4: [?] 24K-Bit, Wrist Banned, Pixelfin, The Fizz, S'up Dawg, Shredder Jack, Spud Muffin, Hawt Diggity
    • Pack 5: Tangry Tart, Sheriff Sugarfeet, 24K-Bit, Sweet Cheat, Skillz Punk, S'up Dawg, Spud Muffin, Laceface
    • Pack 6: [?]The Fizz, Pixelfin, Papa Click, Wrist Banned, Shredder Jack, Hawt Diggity, Chilla Gorilla, Duderoni
    (orange are the Arcade exclusive Botbots, Red are the series 1 repacks) That means you need to get 1 & 2 OR 3 & 4 OR 5 & 6... but not any other combination of two or three packs, or else you end up missing out on one or two Arcade exclusive Botbots.

It was also noted that there even though each different pack has an instruction sheet to match it's set assortment of 16 figures, people haven't found any markings or numbers on the packaging to let us know what pack you have.

The Arcade set is back in stock on Amazon America, for US$25 plus shipping. Two days ago it was back in stock, but then was sold out before I could cart them... so this time I was able to get 3 sets, and if I'm actually lucky enough to get all 16 figures, the spares will be sold off to anyone who wants them (I will definitely have 2 spare sets of the 8 new moulds, and 12 different series 1 figures... and either 4 or 8 duplicate new redecos, depending on what packs I get).

The ticket roll botbot is so unsettling, it looks like the eraserhead baby.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

As more Arcade packs are being opened up by Americans who got onto the early listing, six different packs have now been confirmed, and annoyingly one is a "perfect" set as it has all 16 Arcade exclusive Botbots (no series 1 repacks), and the instruction sheet verifies that it is not just an error of the packing at the factory.
    So either this means the "perfect" pack is a 7th pack and "pack 4" (a guessed assortment) is still yet to be found, or the "perfect" set is one of the six different assortments.

• Pack 3: Tangry Tart, Sheriff Sugarfeet, Papa Click, Sweet Cheat, Skillz Punk, Chilla Gorilla, Laceface, Duderoni
    • Pack 4: [?] 24K-Bit, Wrist Banned, Pixelfin, The Fizz, S'up Dawg, Shredder Jack, Spud Muffin, Hawt Diggity
    • Pack 5: Tangry Tart, Sheriff Sugarfeet, 24K-Bit, Sweet Cheat, Skillz Punk, S'up Dawg, Spud Muffin, Laceface
    • Pack 6: The Fizz, Pixelfin, Papa Click, Wrist Banned, Shredder Jack, Hawt Diggity, Chilla Gorilla, Duderoni
    • Jackpot Pack 7: Tangry Tart, The Fizz, Pixelfin, Sheriff Sugarfeet, 24K-Bit, Wrist Banned, Sweet Cheat, Papa Click (no Series 1 repacks)
    And without any codes on the packaging, there is no way of knowing which one is the perfect pack, if found in stores.

According to the note on the TFWiki page (under Series 3 - Packages):

The Arcade Renegade packs have an ID number printed on the back, just to the right of the group shot, next to Sweet Cheat, appropriately enough. The number corresponds to their listing here; obviously, "6" is the only one you want to keep in mind.

Found a post on TFW with example pic here