Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Transformers WFC Siege Starscream video Review

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    Because use of real parts > fake kibble is something that matters to me. Engineering matters more to me as a collector than other factors like scale, source accuracy, etc.

The alternate answer would be for the designers to just embrace the fact that the figure doesn't have a classic seeker transformation and lean into that. Give the mold booster nozzles on its chest and leave the cockpit on its ass - just don't use pretend parts at all.
    Yes, and, a clever engineer can make it work, even at this scale.

Studio Series Barricade is a good example with the grill of the car being accurate in both modes while still being different in both modes.

Oh, and another thing about this mold that's really lazy?

The damage paint application on Thundercracker is EXACTLY THE SAME. The splodges of crap are in the exact same pattern. It just looks weird once you see it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChlorHex View Post
    I hate the cockpit bum in seeker mode.
    There once was a toy that we'd parse
    Whose fan appeal was quite sparse
    Far from fine
    With a lacklustre design
    And cockpit that formed on its . . . . .

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Can't say I like how the fake chest keeps popping off during any sort of movement, mine even has white stress marks from all of that, the fake he's basically a shellformer is a problem.

...but I like the robot mode, its so poseable, and the shell itself is quite nifty too...

10/10 will buy all repaints

-seeker hoarder

I was initially quite disappointed in how the seeker mould looks, considering the transformation of jet with robot parts underneath. The alt mode itself looks great however. I've warmed up a bit to the aesthetic. This mould is a complex issue to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    At first I was a hell no on this figure. I can't stand the recent trend in Seekers of a fake chest cockpit, and the transformation looks lazy (robot balls up under vehicle shell).

Then the first reviews came out of the weekend, and hey the robot mode looks pretty good actually, I might consider it.

Then I saw this picture and I'm back to hell no. That's just lazy and I'm not rewarding it with a purchase.
    There is realistically no way to make the long cylindrical seeker cockpit of the robot mode work into anything resembling the one on the tetrajet, at least at this ballpark of a budget. That said, there were probably heaps of better ways to make the alt mode in general form from the bot mode, rather than heaping into a ball. The chest being on the back of the jet for example is quite glaring.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    There is realistically no way to make the long cylindrical seeker cockpit of the robot mode work into anything resembling the one on the tetrajet, at least at this ballpark of a budget. That said, there were probably heaps of better ways to make the alt mode in general form from the bot mode, rather than heaping into a ball. The chest being on the back of the jet for example is quite glaring.
    Then they should have worked with what they had. Embrace the jet engines on the chest/canopy on the butt look. Give us something new and interesting.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    The chest being on the back of the jet for example is quite glaring.
    It's consistent with Soundwave's altmode, so they're uniformly lazy at least

Shockwave goes tits-up, just to keep things interesting.

I have only spent about 5 mins with this guy but OH MAN! I actually think it's awesome.

The chest piece is a bit strange (it's tendancy to pop off during transformation and sitting on the back) but both issues don't bother me that much.

The tetrajet is different, but I don't think it looks bad-I just don't have a big strong feeling towards those kind of sci-fi ship designs.

Robot mode is glorious-so much expressiveness due to great articulation (even in the head), lovely to see light piping back, and a neat design-his proportions are a tad strange but they are robots from outer space, and don't need to conform to human proportions

9/10, really like this guy! Possibly even more than Megatron!

And to think I was going to say having the CW version was enough...

I’m nearly out of room but I need this guy for my Starscream shelf!

I think they've done a decent job considering they're going for a G1 cartoon accurate bot mode and alt mode. The designers didn't have an easy task here considering the tetra jets were never designed with toys in mind. Regarding fake parts remember this toy is at a voyager price point and even some MPs aren't immune to using fake parts to get away with cartoon accuracy.

The few people who have bought it so far all seem to like it which is good to hear, I was planning on getting at least Starscream but might grab the whole seeker set depending.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.