Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Transformers WFC Siege Starscream video Review

Wow, super stoked with this fig. Especially at $39.
    Much better in-hand than expected. Both modes are solid. The pose-ability of bot mode is fantastic and the tetra-jet is very... swooshable.
    Chest piece doesn't annoy me as much I feared. As others have mentioned it really is secure in both modes and falls off during transformation. (I'm still going to pin it tho).
    My main (only?) gripe is the forearms don't clip shut.
    Def going to pickup Thundercracker as well!
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

I have severely mixed feelings on this one.

Positives
    - The robot mode is incredibly gorgeous and poseable.
    - I like the null rays.
    - EDIT: Forgot this yesterday - I absolutely adore the spring loaded calf panels. An entirely unnecessary but very much appreciated touch.

Middle Ground
    - The alt-mode isn't as cripplingly shit as I'd thought it would be.
    - The faux fake cockpit on the chest doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would. In person it looks less like a cockpit and more like a power conduit or something.

Negatives
    - The transformation is incredibly boring. It's barely a step above rolling a revoletch or SCF figure into a ball and hiding it under a cape.
    - The quality control on some of the engineering is absolute dogshit tier. The chest panel is the chest panel, we all know about that. The grey panel behind the neck is literally too big on my copy to allow the figure to properly transform. As I understand it this is not an uncommon problem among copies of this figure. Fortunately it is on a stiff friction joint and can be removed without tools. You don't lose any functionality (you actually gain a bit of neck articulation) but I shouldn't have to be ripping bits off my figures to make them work.

Overall I'd buy it on sale. It's a good action figure, just not a particularly interesting or well designed Transformer.
    Last edited by SharkyMcShark; 5th June 2019 at 11:01 AM.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

The alt. mode is what sold me on this one (I prefer the Thundercracker repaint). The Battlestar Galactica Viper is an apt comparison. The only drawback is the ship's bulky underside kibble but otherwise amazing and Soundwave's bulk cruiser mode has nothing on this sleek ship. Also love how it pegs together to stay solid and how can I forget the articulation of the brilliant robot mode.