Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers WFC Siege Starscream video Review

Default Transformers WFC Siege Starscream video Review

Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Starscream https://youtu.be/LonLXKauYbM

At first I was a hell no on this figure. I can't stand the recent trend in Seekers of a fake chest cockpit, and the transformation looks lazy (robot balls up under vehicle shell).

Then the first reviews came out of the weekend, and hey the robot mode looks pretty good actually, I might consider it.

Then I saw this picture and I'm back to hell no. That's just lazy and I'm not rewarding it with a purchase.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

I'm perfectly happy with my Deluxe Class Generations WFC Seekers. Not as slavishly G1 accurate (but game accurate!), but overall I regard them as better toys.

But hey, at least Siege Starscream is a Cybertronian Jet and not a generic Earth jet fighter marketed as an alien plane! (points for the thought?)

He’s a really solid toy! Pleasantly surprised. Got some heft, maybe slightly small for a voyager but feels weighty. The legs underneath alt mode are not nearly as horrible looking IRL as I’ve seen in pictures. Some pics of the alt mode I’d seen previously (was it SS or Thundercraker? Not sure) had the head visible in alt mode but this is a mistransformation. Some clever transformation steps and fits together in both modes really cleanly and solidly. The guns can be placed on the upper or lower arms. Like a lot of the Siege toys, the mould is hyper-detailed and the “battle damage” paint is spread more evenly over the whole toy than others in the line.

Recommended!

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    Then I saw this picture and I'm back to hell no. That's just lazy and I'm not rewarding it with a purchase.
    Yikes!

(But if they redeco and remold that to be a new Gunrunner... and come on this line would be the perfect spot for a new version of that guy)

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    I can't stand the recent trend in Seekers of a fake chest cockpit
    why would you want a figure with bad looks and proportions for the sake of a "real" parts?

This figure didn't really excite me until I saw somewhere that someone pointed out it looks a LOT like a Colonial Viper MkII from Battlestar Galactica.

And then my interest piqued again.

But without the tragic result of the Colonial Viper toy!

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    why would you want a figure with bad looks and proportions for the sake of a "real" parts?
    Because use of real parts > fake kibble is something that matters to me. Engineering matters more to me as a collector than other factors like scale, source accuracy, etc.

The alternate answer would be for the designers to just embrace the fact that the figure doesn't have a classic seeker transformation and lean into that. Give the mold booster nozzles on its chest and leave the cockpit on its ass - just don't use pretend parts at all.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

This one just doesn't cut it for me...
    I hate the cockpit bum in seeker mode.