Thread: William Stout Collection 1987 Movie Figures.

Default William Stout Collection 1987 Movie Figures.

Via BBTS

The Masters of the Universe Collector's Choice series continues with the William Stout Collection!
    Super7’s super detailed deluxe 7-inch Masters are based on the legendary 1987 MOTU production art created by William Stout! Each highly articulated figure comes complete with accessories.

Link.

I was so excited when I saw these in the Toyfair news. I have been out of MOTUC for 3+ years but the movie designs are some of my favourites. Then i see it's Super7 now, for a brief moment i hoped it would be a lot less annoying that Matty Collector. Then I realized they only sell them in sets of 4, when i only really want He-Man and Skeletor. But wait, BBTS still sell them individually for a $15 premium ($50). OK. So now they have the listing and i'm thinking, that photo looks nothing like the one at Toyfair.

I really don't want to miss out but i'm also not gonna risk a disparity like that. I'll wait until they're released.
    Why must collecting MOTUC be this hard!?

The most noticeable difference for me was the face sculpt on He Man. The BBTS listed photo looks a lot more tanned & Dolph-y than that presented at Toy fair.

I'm a bit meh with Skeletor as it seems like a case of either lighting and paint, or either/or.
    The gold accents are definitely one of those things where you really have to think hard before hitting that preorder button....

They nailed Dolph’s Hair. Look at it. Just look at it sitting there in all it’s glory!!
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    They nailed Dolph’s Hair. Look at it. Just look at it sitting there in all it’s glory!!
    He did have beautiful hair in the movie.

No Evil Lyn
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Some comments I found interesting re Super 7 like

The issue is the four horsemen make great prototypes. The super7 send them to a bootleg quality factory and we get low quality translations of high end sculpts

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    The issue is the four horsemen make great prototypes. The super7 send them to a bootleg quality factory and we get low quality translations of high end sculpts

Sounds like McFarlane toys from 15 years ago
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    No Evil Lyn
    I thought her name was Evelyn