Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Ep IX

I'm hesitant on this.

Well, as hesitant as I can be for a Star Wars film.

I'm not particularly convinced that JJ is a strong enough director to do the ending of this trilogy justice. He's a solid 7/10 director and I can see why Disney would give him the first movie of the trilogy. He makes unspectacular mass appeal movies. After the prequels I think that was attractive to Disney because they needed a widely liked base on which to rebuild the franchise.

I don't think he's particularly suited to finishing telling a story though.

I also think that this was the wrong franchise for his slightly scattergun "mystery box" technique. It's an incredibly lore heavy franchise. If you start throwing around things like knights of ren/reys parentage/why luke is a hermit/snoke's identity/rey's force flashback if there was no set plan on where they were going, though that's more the fault of the creative team than JJ I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    You and I obviously view Star Wars very differently . I loved TLJ. I thought Rogue One was a bad fanfic. Haven’t seen Solo yet because life has got in the way.

I think Luke was portrayed excellently in TLJ. I mean, Rian did the only thing he could with him after JJ set up that he was missing. What other reason could there be for Luke to be AWOL and willingly let the universe go to shit? The bad guys didn’t have him, they were looking for him too. The only logical explanation for him not to be around was that he’d run away.

I generally don’t talk about Star Wars though because the second anyone hears that I liked TLJ they start going all stupid and acting like Kathleen Kennedy personally busted down their bedroom door and chopped their genitals off with a dull knife.
    Actually marry me.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

i'll be there at midnight screening if i can
    but i also understand the hesitance from people. i dont know much about jj abrams history and techniques but i thought force awakens was a good new jumping off point. i guess as mentioned maybe the issue is more that there was no overall story or attempt to really follow on from what jj and his boxes setup to begin with.

im also ok if this is the end of the skywalker saga but i am hoping they start a rey and finn etc saga. it just seems to me like the new main characters are just coming into their own at this point and ending their stories as well would seem odd to me now.

what could they do differently so it isnt just a re-hash of return of the jedi? im pretty much expecting a military defeat in some battle of the first order and rey and kylo having some kind of final fight.

I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Just saw the teaser too. I got chills. I knew *spoiler* Palpatine wasn't dead*end spoiler*

I am Big Kevving right now!! Next level excited for this movie.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

I don’t know what I want more. The spoiler to be a red herring or throw away flashback or actually real.

I just want this movie to answer more questions than it asks... I don’t want have to wait till resistance season 4 to learn more about the first order and smoke!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    I don’t know what I want more. The spoiler to be a red herring or throw away flashback or actually real.

I just want this movie to answer more questions than it asks... I don’t want have to wait till resistance season 4 to learn more about the first order and smoke!
    *spoiler*He appeared on stage for the panel. So I'd say he at least makes an appearance somehow*end spoiler*

That laugh. Eyyyyyyyy!

Pretty good teaser. Love that leap from Rey.
    There was plenty of concept art from force awakens about exploring ruins of death stars. I would imagine they encounter Palpatine as a ghost or spirit while looking for a macguffin in those ruins. If he is actually alive or resurrected or something I feel like that would be pretty dumb.

This does look cool. But it also just reinforces what I read that JJ hasn’t got an original bone in his body. Also it looks like JJ is trying to undo a lot of the great work Rian did.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain