Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Ep IX

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    This does look cool. But it also just reinforces what I read that JJ hasn’t got an original bone in his body. Also it looks like JJ is trying to undo a lot of the great work Rian did.
    You are so funny mate. "Great work Rian did" has me in stitches!

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    You are so funny mate. "Great work Rian did" has me in stitches!
    The best thing Rian did was to NOT make Rei a Skywalker. You watch JJ twist the plot with some shit like “from a certain point of view”, “you weren’t ready to know” or “we did it to protect you from Snoke” and then find out she’s actually Kylo’s Sister or cousin.

Bloody stupid. You are going to have to buy me many beers because of how right I am
    Last edited by Trent; 14th April 2019 at 08:00 PM.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I like what I see except for Kylo stitching his helmet back together, I hope they don't retcon his character arc from TLJ

Well I for one can’t wait for this.

I liked the whole “skywalker will be the term for the new force wielding order” theory I saw somewhere. Not Jedi, not sith just force users, grey or neutral or whatever you want to call them.

I’m also hoping Rey stays as a nobody, not connected to the skywalker family by blood,. I am amazed that they did not have all three movies planned out story and main beat wise when force awakens was being made, just to make sure changes in directors and creative teams happened. Having last Jedi start so soon after awakens was probably a bad move in hindsight, letting more time pass would have allowed for more things to be worked out between characters and to set things up.

The whole snoke is just there is probably the biggest sticking point for me, followed right behind by the Knights of Ren, the poor use of Phasma, the fact the first order is effectively run by a man baby who killed off his own dad after he set up the first order from scratch... I like that there are books about Phasma and aftermath sets up the first order pretty well but I shouldn’t have to read comics and books and watch 104 episodes of tie in cartoons just to make the basics of a movie make sense and not leave me with unawnswered questions!

/rant.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    If he is actually alive or resurrected or something I feel like that would be pretty dumb.
    If they follow the Dark Empire storyline somewhat, it will make sense. And from what I hear, it's canon anyway. Wouldn't be a far stretch of the imagination either.

Rey should be a Palpatine and the Emperor is reaching out to her to tempt her to the dark side. If that happens I will be thrilled. I think that the mention of Skywalker will be the new order Rey creates to succeed the Jedi.

#TLJblows and needs to be retconned

Ergh, resurrecting Palpatine would suck. Never liked it in Dark Empire, wouldn’t like it now. I’m hoping these teasers is just misdirection. Wasn’t a fan of Darth Maul’s return either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    Ergh, resurrecting Palpatine would suck. Never liked it in Dark Empire, wouldn’t like it now. I’m hoping these teasers is just misdirection. Wasn’t a fan of Darth Maul’s return either.
    Have you had a chance to watch Clone Wars or Rebels? It might change your view on Maul.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    I agree. Like I said. JJ lacks originality. The bad guy he came up with was a direct copy of Palpatine so now Snoke’s dead, all JJ could come up with was to bring Palpatine back.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    Have you had a chance to watch Clone Wars or Rebels? It might change your view on Maul.
    Maul’s character in those shows is very good.
    Last edited by Trent; 15th April 2019 at 10:25 AM.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain