Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Ep IX

In those shows maul is definitely an interesting and developed character but even in star wars it's hard to accept watching someone get sliced in half and and fall down some giant drop but come back later
    Last edited by philby; 16th April 2019 at 06:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    Rey should be a Palpatine and the Emperor is reaching out to her to tempt her to the dark side. If that happens I will be thrilled. I think that the mention of Skywalker will be the new order Rey creates to succeed the Jedi.

#TLJblows and needs to be retconned

Perhaps she's not attacking the fighter, but catching a lift home to see daddy... who through the miracle of cloning is back in his true form, as the Snoke experiment failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    Have you had a chance to watch Clone Wars or Rebels? It might change your view on Maul.
    Its been a while since I’ve seen Clone Wars so my memory is quite hazy. Just finished Rebels and admittedly loved Maul’s final battle with Obi-Wan. Could be time for a rewatch methinks

But like Philby said, watching someone come back from getting sliced in half is a bit much, bordering on nuking the fridge.

I heard there was a lot of Leia footage cut from Ep 7, enough to splice enough scenes to farewell her in Ep 9.

I’ll be watching this one, but to be honest I’m not overly optimistic about it being anything spectacular. JJ is good at setting things up, not so good at concluding, and Rian shut a lot of doors in TLJ.

Whether Rey ends up being a Skywalker or not, from the trailer, she certainly appears to be the first to “Sky Walk”
    My wife asked me why I carry a gun?, I said "Decepticons"... She laughed, I laughed, the toaster laughed, I shot the toaster. It was a good day.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

End game wins this by trailer. Just saying.

I no longer put any expectations at all.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    End game wins this by trailer. Just saying.

I no longer put any expectations at all.
    Agreed. Endgame is an event, this just looks like another Christmas movie.

The trailer did not do a lot to raise my optimism about this film.

The state of play at the end of The Last Jedi left the franchise in a position to go in a truly original direction for Ep 9.

But hey look the Emperor is back, the Graflex saber is fixed, Kylo has glued his helmet together and we're doing another Death Star related plot.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    The trailer did not do a lot to raise my optimism about this film.

The state of play at the end of The Last Jedi left the franchise in a position to go in a truly original direction for Ep 9.

But hey look the Emperor is back, the Graflex saber is fixed, Kylo has glued his helmet together and we're doing another Death Star related plot.
    I think if the story were to continue then breaking new ground and opening things up would be great but this is the finale of 40 plus years of story telling, yes it's safe to pull out the old but I think it's what is needed in this case. I get simply tying a bow on it is lazy but I do hope that it will be a bit more than that and leave many of us loving that the new characters came along and had a large purpose in the overall story.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Another trailer from the recent Disney Convention in America...

Still not a lot given away, but a couple of shots raise a lot of questions.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Rey isn't turning folks, is just

1. a vision
    2. facing what Luke did.

I found it hilarious that people already went JJ wont misdirect. If you actually think logically, if Rey turns dark, there is no Jedi as Rey was the LAST. And to put it in the spin that Kylo turns on a Blue lightsaber or green < that would made me believe the last scene is real. With such a strong SJW today, I don't think they have the guts to turn Rey evil at this stage like what GOT did. Dont get me wrong, part of me wants to believe Rey turns and make this whole story interesting, but I know is a straight action pack movie.