Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Ep IX

The new trailer for Star Wars came out this week... and the anticipation is getting exciting.
    It feels like it has the potential to break the Avengers box office records, if it is action packed because it is the "last one" that people will want to make sure they see it at the theatres, and not just once.
    I just hope it ends in a good way, particularly after episode 8 was such waste, having about 30 minutes of necessary plot being padded out with a couple of hours of action-less nonsense.

I'm not sure how I feel about it*. I was one of those weird people that really liked The Last Jedi though and was very excited for the direction it pushed the lore in.

None of the trailers for this film really give you any idea what it's going to be about, aside from

a) Massive fleet of Imperial era Star Destroyers v Rebel fighters
    b) Palpatine's overarching plan
    c) They seem to be riffing off the Kylo/Rey connection that was fleshed out in TLJ

Point c) is the only point that really interests me tbh. I could do without the rest of the REMEMBER THE ORIGINAL TRILOGy PLEASE LOVE US imagery. The Last Jedi was more intimate in scale. I liked that. I don't really want to see 10,000 Star Destroyers fighting 50,000 Rebel snubfighters. It doesn't do anything for me.

Also, I will eat my hat if the Star Destroyer fleet bit isn't the final battle, which I very firmly do not appreciate being put into the trailer.

*nb I do have midnight tickets so, you know, Star Wars level excitement.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    I was one of those weird people that really liked The Last Jedi though and was very excited for the direction it pushed the lore in.
    Don't let the hater bros make you feel weird for liking it.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

I got my tickets for the night it is released.

I?m looking forward to a fun ride. I don?t have huge expectations so bring it on I say.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    . I was one of those weird people that really liked The Last Jedi though and was very excited for the direction it pushed the lore in.
    Join the club of weirdos.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    Don't let the hater bros make you feel weird for liking it.
    this, I have enjoyed all the recent Star Wars Movies, I can't help but feel they probably could have spaced them out a little farther than a year apart.
    I'm very much looking forward to this movie and I expect I'll enjoy it, in the same way I've enjoyed all the other movies.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I love all of the SW movies. No exception. Sure I like some episodes more than others but that's normal. My Family of Jedi can't wait till the 20th December.

Rey has identity chrisis.
    Discovers she is a Skywalker.
    Hooks up with Kylo who is now a good guy.
    Big space battle.
    Emperor dies at Rey's hands.
    Rebels rejoice.

The End.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Hooks up with Kylo who is now a good guy.
    Reylo will totally happen.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

I would like to see this in the theaters, being the last one of the Skywalker saga and all, but I don't think I care enough after their last 2 outings. I dunno....

So.... I went and read the supposed "leaks" and my oh my, if ANY of it is true, people are going to riot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    I would like to see this in the theaters, being the last one of the Skywalker saga and all, but I don't think I care enough after their last 2 outings. I dunno....

So.... I went and read the supposed "leaks" and my oh my, if ANY of it is true, people are going to riot.
    I've specifically been avoiding leaks for that reason. I would rather go into the movie being hopeful than going in knowing that it is garbage. 10 days to go until I see it. I really hope they have finished it well. If any of it breaks the ending to ep VI and Anakin's sacrifice, yes there will be rioting.