Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Ep IX

I regard Return Of The Jedi as the greatest of the SW movies. So if the Rise of Skywalker is going to be a rehash of ROTJ (like TFA was a rehash of A New Hope) then I'm going to be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    If they change a major plot point of the last movie and use the words “from a certain point of view” as the excuse, I’m going to riot.
    You are meant to use italics if you want to show sarcasm mate Although I fear that it would be too much to hope for that they mange to retcon all the crap that Rian spewed out. Dream sequence?

That tiny bit of schadenfreude in me does want to see it happen though. Just sitting back with some cornflakes, watching the internet casually implode

The problem will be that no matter how terrible this movie is, it will make a LOT of money which is what will be used to justify how they have managed the sequels. Guess it is similar to the Transformers movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    If they change a major plot point of the last movie and use the words “from a certain point of view” as the excuse, I’m going to riot.
    You mean like this?:

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    The problem will be that no matter how terrible this movie is, it will make a LOT of money which is what will be used to justify how they have managed the sequels. Guess it is similar to the Transformers movies.
    This makes me wonder how many people who've slagged the last two will put on the fake nose, glasses, brown overcoat and watch it... only to bitch about it again.
    It's a vicious cycle.

You ruined the saga! I'll support its demise by watching it!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    This makes me wonder how many people who've slagged the last two will put on the fake nose, glasses, brown overcoat and watch it... only to bitch about it again.
    At a guess, I'd say maybe... all of them.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

It's a vicious cycle.

You ruined the saga! I'll support its demise by watching it!
    I enjoyed VII, I hated VIII but will still see IX as I just need to see how it ends. If it is terrible, then I will be disappointed no doubt. If it is great, I will be surprised and happy. I don't think I will be as upset about the outcome of this as I was with VIII as I honestly don't see how they can fix what happened and it is kind of already ruined. It's like a long running TV series that you loved at first but kept watching just to sort of see how it finally turns out. The last season or two become a bit of a punish but you push through just to see what happens.

Yeah, fair point. I had that with Game Of Thrones.

Yeah, fair point. I had that with Game Of Thrones.
    Didn't we all...