Thread: Gratings from Tilarta

Post Gratings from Tilarta

Jello everyone.

I've am a long term Transformers fan.

My first Transformer toy was a gift from my cousins, a G1 Topspin Jumpstarter.
    Yes, I still have him and his motor still goes!
    That is where my interest began, I was curious to find out if there were other toys like this and it expanded from there.

I next saw the cartoons on tv (I am an 80s child) and then started building up my collection as much as I could.
    Most of it's still intact, although some of it was loved to death.
    For example, I had to replace most of my G1 Optimus parts with bits from the G2 toy because I would never stop playing with him.

There was always one toy I wanted to have, but they never made, an G1 Arcee.
    Fortunately, Takara Tomy produced one and two years ago, I made sure to add her to my collection.
    It's rare that a lifetime goal comes true, but that was one of mine.

The second one is about to happen, a G1 comic accurate Jetfire toy is part of wave 2 in the Siege line.

I'll go into more detail with my collection when I can create a collection thread and post images.

Yeah, how good is the Jetfire coming out, can't wait!!
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Welcome aboard!! Lots of friendly people abound here

Welcome aboard the board, I love hearing peoples 'origin stories'

my first two were skids and thundercradker for Christmas when I was a lad. I still have them both, and like yours they have been loved to death. Skids no longer holds together at the waist.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

My first Decepticon was Thrust.
    While he's not terribly damaged, I did break or lose some of his accessories.
    If you remember, the Seeker arm gun tubes were very thin and they snapped off soon after I got him.
    One of his fists is also missing.

And like Topspin, I've still got him.

One of these days, I'm going to have to see if I can buy or acquire some replacement parts for Thrust.
    Considering the fragility of his arm gun tubes, I think getting a 3D customised/printed version would be better, one that is more durable.

My dad gave me Thrust for my birthday, never owned any other decepticons besides combiners, he is definitely a personal fav.

Talking

I created this image for fun:

This is my Thrust toy.

Hey there

I'm only semi-active and it is cool like that here. You can dip in and out as life allows. I enjoy the esoteric discussions but the toy news is good too.

My first TF was Hook. On the same day my brother got Mixmaster. Our parents should have thought a bit more about that because, of course, we suddenly had a third of Devastator and had to collect all six Constructicons. But you cannot just have bad guys and you cannot just have an entire side composed only of a specialized team so, next we needed generic Decepticons and Autobots, and Dinobots to take on Devastator and, what they heck those Insecticons are cool too and, well, you know how it goes.

One of my brother's toys was Thrust and he's definitely the best of the Coneheads. Also, because of him, I find it hard to look at my Windblade and not think that she's really a Decepticon.

That was actually a scene in Transformers: Cyberverse (episode Cubed) where Starscream assumes Windblade is "the same as as a Seeker" because she's a jet.
    She doesn't take long to dissuade him of the assumption and she wasn't exactly nice about it, since he was being impolite about Autobots (to an Autobot!).