1 7.69%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not interested

3 23.08%

Thread: Toy review - Studio Series 35 Jetfire

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The size of the head was the thing I was noticing most in your photos so aim glad you pointed that out at the end. I think it’s screen accurate still though, just something you don’t notice so much with all the moving around cgi on screen. (Same as Ironhide)

You make a compelling argument for getting this.

Default Real Issue

Nice review! And great photos. Thanks for that.

I think the real, glaring problem with this toy is that...IT'S NOT OUT IN STORES!
    I'm still waiting in hope, but I may need to just get it online.

Got the TakaraTOMY version today. Overall thoughts:

* A very fiddly panelformer. I know I said this about ROTF Leader Jetfire, but SS Jetfire is seriously way more panelformery than ROTF Jetfire, and I find it to be less forgiving too.

* Visually amazing. The screen-likeness on this toy is gorgeous and puts ROTF Jetfire to shame.

* SS Jetfire is hands down the superior action figure, but ROTF Jetfire is arguably the better toy. ROTF Jetfire is a relatively more straightforward toy to transform.

* I'm really impressed with the way that this toy is able to fold up much of its fuselage and compacts it into the body. It's something that HasTak's gotten rather good at doing, plus it's a luxury afforded to this toy since it's unburdened with having to house an electronic sound gimmick.

So is this toy worth buying? It depends. As a stand alone Jetfire toy, I'd say that this is the better Jetfire. As a combining component for Optimus Prime... it depends. Are you already planning on buying the SS OP that combines with this Jetfire? If so, then yes, it will be worth it for you. If not and you don't care about having this as a stand alone Jetfire toy, then maybe just stick with your ROTF Leader Jetfire.

I personally don't care for SS Optimus Prime so this is just a stand-alone Jetfire toy for me. My ROTF Leader Jetfire and Optimus Prime still serve just fine for the combined mode.

I finally was able to obtain this one thanks to an early Christmas present. It's an excellent figure. Everything underneath in Blackbird mode is so neat and flat and tucked away. I like it when the underside of an alt-mode is almost flat and quite cluttered, as it means they've really thought about it and have made good use of the space. Plus, the jet all tabs together quite well. In the words of Brickman it's "very swooshable". I still like the original but this is a definite step up.

My only minor quibbles are I would've preferred a longer walking stick and, as mentioned, the ability to curl the fingers would've been nice.

I don't have a compatible Optimus Prime yet to try out the combined feature, but even without that mode it's still worth the price of admission.

LOL, does anybody own both SS Optimus Prime and Jetfire? Because so far everyone seems to own one or the other. This is reminding me of owning G1 Predacons in the 1980s -- knew people who owned individual Predacons but never knew anyone who owned the whole set (and thus could single-handedly form Predaking).

I do! :P But tbh the combined version (without an upgrade kit) is a bit of a mess so I keep them seperate in my display!