• No

0 0%
  • Not interested

3 23.08%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toy review - Studio Series 35 Jetfire

Quote Originally Posted by klystron View Post
    Thread back from the dead!
    Considering picking up Jetfire in the BigW sale (if I can find one). Despite largely positive reviews, there seems to be a few reports of the spine-hinge pin joint breaking.
    Has anyone here had this happen to theirs?
    https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threa...166951/page-14
    Looks like I might be able to update the availability field of the basic info for the review!

I had a look at the hinge on mine, and there are what look like very thin stress fractures on the hinge, but they don't see to change width when I move the joint, and I moved it a few times to look on both sides to see if the stress fractures got wider and thinner. Because I'm not 100% sure it's a break, I'm reluctant to apply hobby glue to the cracks.

Quote Originally Posted by klystron View Post
    Thread back from the dead!
    Considering picking up Jetfire in the BigW sale (if I can find one). Despite largely positive reviews, there seems to be a few reports of the spine-hinge pin joint breaking.
    Has anyone here had this happen to theirs?
    https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threa...166951/page-14
    No, but I've only transformed him twice + once into combined mode, he lives in Robot form on my display hahaha

Finally opened my Jetfire today. Getting the panels to line up is much harder than the original ROTF toy, but despite that i found him to be very satisfying. I found the instructions only helped so much in transforming him from robot to jet and were very hit and miss trying to work out how to combine Optimus and Jetfire. The instructions were practically useless in trying to work out how to connect the jet fire back-pack to Optimus.

There were two small pieces on the underside of the wings that you remove in order to combine with Optimus and are never mentioned again in the instructions. I did a quick search online and found out they form the muzzle of a gun that is made from the remaining piece of jet fire that doesn't make up the 'suit' that Optimus wears. It's a bulky gun and really only works when the gun is pointed down or looking at it from above so you can't see jet fires arms and head.

I found a good Optimus/Jetfire combination and gun transformation video in the youtube link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-poCl7mzPk

It is a fiddly combination and i really like it, aside from the gun. It's stable and solid. But i bought Jetfire with the intent on displaying him, not the combined mode.

For some reason, I only got around to trying out the Optimus-Jetfire combo in the last few days.

It's certainly an impressive piece, and everything holds together well. I even like the absurdity of the gigantic cannon formed by Jetfire's upper torso. Sure, it's not screen-accurate, but that doesn't matter. It's massive and awesome-looking, and that's what matters.

Something to note is that Silverbolt's pictures above are a 'fan mode', where Jetfire's spine is folded back and the back panels are swung out. I kind of like this configuration, as there isn't a giant block hanging over Optimus's head and the splayed-out back panels approximate the large panels that were actually seen on Optimus's back in the movie, but for the sake of showing the figure as correctly transformed, here is the stock configuration: