Series – War For Cybertron
Sub-Line - Siege
Size/class - Deluxe
New/remould/redeco - New
Wave - 2
Released here – ?? 2019?
Approximate Retail Price - $35

'CYBERTRONIAN ALT MODE:

I like this armored van thingy. LOVE the clear inspiration from The War Within's Ironhide design, although it'd be cool this had 8 wheels too. But as is, it looks like it's tough and built to last which fits Ironhide very well. It's also nice is that the red parts are actually molded in two shades of red which makes the figure visually a bit more interesting. I wish the feet had been integrated into the alt mode a little better though.

TRANSFORMATION:

Nothing ground breaking here, pretty straight forward. I do like how the canopy rotates at an angle to become the chest, which helps define that signature chest slope in 'bot mode. Maybe I got lucky again but I had no trouble with the legs panels falling off.

'BOT MODE:

'Bot mode is the better mode of two imho. He has great proportions, stocky build, big fists and feet which all fit Ironhide perfectly. The head sculpt is again awesome. Has that mixed CHUG aesthetic with a heavier G1 influence this time around. The back of 'bot mode is... not so good, being basically a sea of hollowness.

Articulation is all around great, not Startscream great but for a Deluxe he has wrist rotation and a beautiful ankle tilt so I'm pretty happy.

The rocket launcher is quite meh. It's just at that awkward length that he has to hold straight-armed which doesn't look good with any pose really. But I have warmed up to the hammer configuration of this weapon. Probably I just need to get some Weaponizers to arm him up.

Overall Ironhide is an excellent Deluxe imo, and my experience with Seige has been two for two so far.