Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lego Masters TV Show

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    i enjoyed more than i was expecting. i even liked hamish as a host for a lot of it
    Yeah I really enjoyed it too, and it was the first reality TV show I've given a chance to in well over a decade. Apparently it rated really well as it was pretty family friendly and was a nice break from the usual cooking/dating/renovating shows.

I'm just glad that arrogant little prick didn't win. Everyone on that show was really nice but him. He thought he was the best of the best but only won like one or two challenges and was the only team to actually fail to complete a challenge at all (the Delorian one). Came last in quite a few too - laughed that he kept going on his bridge was so strong that an adult could stand on it, yet their bridge was actually the weakest and the very first to collapse

The two guys that won it overall definitely deserved to win - they did a great job consistently and were in the top two nearly every challenge.

Quite enjoyed Hamish as the host too - hope he does it again next season

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Yeah I really enjoyed it too, and it was the first reality TV show I've given a chance to in well over a decade. Apparently it rated really well as it was pretty family friendly and was a nice break from the usual cooking/dating/renovating shows.

I'm just glad that arrogant little prick didn't win. Everyone on that show was really nice but him. He thought he was the best of the best but only won like one or two challenges and was the only team to actually fail to complete a challenge at all (the Delorian one). Came last in quite a few too - laughed that he kept going on his bridge was so strong that an adult could stand on it, yet their bridge was actually the weakest and the very first to collapse

The two guys that won it overall definitely deserved to win - they did a great job consistently and were in the top two nearly every challenge.

Quite enjoyed Hamish as the host too - hope he does it again next season
    Yeah Kale was a polarising character. Ego the size of a small moon but at least he wasn’t an arsehole to the other contestants. I definitely think there was a lot of creative editing because the LEGO Facebook page that I am a member of had heaps of people that actually know him leap to his defence and say he is a really nice guy.

But the guys that won it definitely deserved it. They were always calm and cool. They were never freaking out and their builds were always solid. Glad they won.

And apparently they have confirmed a second season due to its popularity.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

kale made this lego ideas submission, which made it to 10,000 supporters but didnt get past the review stage. i really like it

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/2fae...f-827ad96fb574

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    kale made this lego ideas submission, which made it to 10,000 supporters but didnt get past the review stage. i really like it

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/2fae...f-827ad96fb574
    I remember that.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Gawd i hate that guy. All full of himself.

Not sure if hamish can keep it up as the material will run thin.

It was enjoyable. Hope they go bigger next season!!

On Saturday at Ozcomicon, that Kale guy had a display stall there and right before my eyes one of his friends accidently knocked over one of his sculptures and yes, it broke.

Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
    On Saturday at Ozcomicon, that Kale guy had a display stall there and right before my eyes one of his friends accidently knocked over one of his sculptures and yes, it broke.
    Bet that was something to see

Did you video it happening? You’d get 10k hits on YouTube with a video like that

My kids (4 & 6) have shown interest in Lego a few times, they have small collections with enough pieces to build some cool stuff. They have been especially keen after seeing things like the Lego movies and Lego Masters.

The down side of Lego Masters is that since the show ran, they have treated playing like a competition and been declaring each other as “winners” and “losers” when they build something, rather than just enjoying the experience of building and creativity.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Casting is open for the next series of you're feeling confident.

I recorded all of the episodes and watched them all later (in the space of a week), and enjoyed it more than I was expecting... because I thought it would be a predictable reality (build-or-bake) show, and even though it borrowed an existing concept of an "immunity brick", they only used it once. Maybe if there were more people and rounds, it would make more sense to have the concept, and have it offered a few different times.
    I would also like to see the people who have immunity, build alongside the others as a "dead rubber", so that us viewers can see what they would have thought up, and because I felt bad for them missing out on the fun of one of the rounds (as a toy fan, I'd be a bit frustrated to have to watch on from the sideline during ANY round while still a competitor, when it is the hobby that I live and breath like these guys do). It's bitter-sweet - the relief of being safe for one more day, but missing out on something that would have been a lot of fun.

Also from my own experience with running competitions and being worried about being accused of favouritism (which is why I have to do random draws), I wonder how many of the contestants already personally knew the "Brickman" co-host, as any fandom in Australia is relatively small, and the more obsessed/dedicated fans would already know each other, or know of the others. If any of the contestants were already close friends with the judge, it could have been difficult to be objective if he had to judge creative elements, like the final build (the only thing he noted as being "wrong" with the theme-park was the colour of the rollercoaster columns... but the entire build had a lot more going on, and a lot more technical elements than the Posiedon build... and by having him looking over each build with the guest judge from Denmark, he was doing a lot more convincing of her of what he liked and disliked, than her convincing him - at least, in the aired cut).
    With the pair of judges having 100 votes between them, I wonder why they didn't announce the total vote count... maybe it would have shown that the majority of the 150 visitors voted for the theme-park instead. Were the total vote counts posted up anywhere online?

I wonder how much all of that massive amount of (expensive) Lego would have cost, and if it was all supplied by Lego Australia for free... as it was expected to boost their sales (and it did). It had me wondering if it were possible for any other toyline to be able to do a competitive show like this, as I'm sure the other major toy companies would be brainstorming right now.

28 hours for that final build... if they had meal and/or nap breaks, I think they should have said it in the episode. There's no way they all would have been locked away in that room for 28 hours, and not have some breaks. They seemed way too awake and refreshed at the end to not have had some sleep or a meal. It seems a bit weird that it wasn't even noted if they did the 28 hours with or without any breaks (I don't think I missed it).