Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miscellaneous Transformers Comments Thread

Default Miscellaneous Transformers Comments Thread

I've made this thread for those of us who go back and buy a figure missed out before and want to comment on it, or you've gone back and revisited a TF and discovered something new, or just played w/ someone else's TF and wanting to comment about it etc etc.

I wanna comment on these two babies:

I actually opened them last night after having them in my room for a few weeks now and they are absolutely delightful. Hardly the perfect transformation but they are wonderful representations of the WW. Surprisingly, I find Prowl to be really excellent. I think w/ the last few releases, Hasbro must've started to really get the hang of these guys. The balance of the toys are perfect.

WW Grimlock's feet are great for adjusting poseability. His arm's are stubby but that's not the main problem. The larger problem is that there's a lot of bare space in the alt mode between the leg and the back treads. It's very annoying. But apart from that his robot mode is awesome. An absolute delight to look at much like G1 Ultra Magnus.

WW Prowl is friggin' awesome too. I find his balance to be the best and the solidity of his alt mode to be two very unique factors among the Titanium floppy alt modes. His only misgiving is that he has no gun like his G1 self. But apart from that he's very cool too. I like his pegs in the back of his arms that help to support it all.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Thanks STL, now I want these guys even more.

Still sucks that we got all those cruddy repaints of Titaniums, and didnt get the epitome of the line.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

My Prowl & Grimmy arrived today & I have to say = Hasbro definitely saved the best 2 Titaniums for last . I'm so glad these guys were put into production cos IMO, if you compare them to the earliest titanium figures, these 2 are miles ahead.

What's so great about them? = They don't collapse on themselves, their limbs don't pop off & once you get their bot/altmode in their sweet spots - compared to past 6 inch titaniums, Prowl & Grimmy are just about perfect!

I expected 2 crappy figures but after playing with/transforming them quite a bit = I can't rate these 2 highly enough. I'd give them 9/10

Oh & I was gonna take a pic of them for the acquisitions thread but I'll wait til my other figures arrive (hopefully nextweek) & snap a group pic then .

They look great. Where did you guys order them from?

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Pipesqueak View Post
    They look great. Where did you guys order them from?
    I got mine from Ebay (I think they were a BIN of $48 USD for the pair). Make sure you find them for a good price (& the seller has good feedback) & you definitely won't be disappointed .

I got a Classics Mirage Toy from the Parra Fair all i have to say i love this mould its freakin sweet cant way for Drag Strip now.

Classics Mirage is indeed a sweet figure. Check out some neat poses I managed to put him in here - no strings or anything, all natural poses!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Classics Mirage is indeed a sweet figure. Check out some neat poses I managed to put him in here - no strings or anything, all natural poses!
    that was cool man, so many cool poses

Me and my parents were over at a friend's house for their birthday, and I got to play with one of their kid's Star Wars Transformers, the ARC-170 Starfighter.

Admittedly, it was broken, missing the guns, a small wing, and a leg, but I really liked it. I especially liked the robot mode and how the kibble could be arranged to create an armour-like effect. As soon as I have enough cash, I will go out and hunt down the shark-face blue repaint of it, because it looks freakin' sweet.

Im trying to not let myself get the Hot Rod Alternator that Kinokuniya in the city has for $110. Its the one Autobot mold i never got (Could never find Mirage either) and id really like one but....110? hard to justify!
    i do NOT Play with toys...

But I DO occasionally do scale model assisted simulations in physical fight dynamics.