Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformer Statues

Prime 1 Studio - Official images of Optimus Prime from the Bumblebee Movie.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Prime 1 Studio - Official images of Optimus Prime from the Bumblebee Movie.
    I still need to see that movie

From promotional images though, I always thought the Transformers thighs looked a bit... off.

It looks better here but still not quite right.

PCS has teased with early WIPs of Megatron and Grimlock:

Also:
    "Before we pose Megatron out we need to do some turn art. This helps us figure out the characters proportions first before we start sculpting. Trying to pull all the cool interpretations of this baddie from the original G1 cartoon & hopefully we create a cohesive vision of this piece that will make the collectors happy!

This is just the start of this creative process and is only enhanced by the finished sculpt and paints.
    We can not wait to share more of this statue with you as it nears completion!"

A teaser in the truest sense of the word, with not much to see here, PCS reveals some artwork for their upcoming Devastator statue.

They mentioned that it should be in scale with their smaller line of statues, so around 25" and will form part of a diorama if you purchase their to be separately released Dinobots.

A number of statues (and grey prototypes) shown at a Shanghai event over the weekend - Prime 1 Studios - Flame Toys - 3A.

The Prime 1 stuff is looking good, even with the crazy big bases.

I think the flame toys stuff are action figures? Still, also looking good. I like the Devastator and that G1 Prime.

Yeah Flame Toys are action figures. Ricidulusly high-quality, premium stuff. I have Tarn and can confidantly say that he is worth the asking price to the cent. Thanks to Takara making Masterpiece so expensive and pricing me out, it gives me money to possibly pursue more of the Flame Toys outings. Ironic.

Sorry... they were all "licensed" non-convertible items that aren't from Hasbro, so I didn't realise that there was a difference when looking at the news postings.
    So basically, Flame Toys are pretty much licensed Actionmasters, while the other two are motionless statues? But they are all made from the same sort of materials though?

Licensed action masters could be a way of saying it? However there are many companies and products that fit this category, I feel that sticking to the old action figures naming is best, since Actionmasters have their own set aesthetic, gimmick and narrative.

Statues and action figures are generally made from different materials.

3A sell action figures too, however I didn't mention it, because the photos are actually of display statues for their booth

From PCS at SDCC:

My only statue but I still love it.
    There are several more that interest.
    Bloody G1 completist is stopping me.