Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformer Statues

Quite like Soundwave. If it's easy to import, I'll try get one

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Not sure if these have been mentioned here before, but found in America at Target, are a set of six plastic diorama statues from Jazwares, that combine together to form one battle scene. (not sure about it being an "iconic" scene, as per the packaging, as it doesn't look like anything I've seen in a cartoon or comic)
    The set of six includes the most iconic characters - Optimus, Bumblebee, Grimlock, Megatron, Soundwave (with Laserbeak), and Starscream. Apparently Starscream is a limited edition chase figure, which is kinda stupid if this is a set that has the incentive of collecting all of them to complete the diorama. It's like having one of those build-a-figure sets with one toy being a hard to find limited figure, preventing most people from completing the bonus figure, or having to pay excessive amounts of money to get it.
    They were US$8 each, and look to be about Deluxe sized, so pretty good pricing.

They have the X-Men versions of these currently at Big W, so I wouldn't be surprised if these made their way there too.

Going by memory I think the boxes are about 6-7 inches tall, which would make the figures themselves about Scout / Legends sized

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime View Post
    They have the X-Men versions of these currently at Big W, so I wouldn't be surprised if these made their way there too.

Going by memory I think the boxes are about 6-7 inches tall, which would make the figures themselves about Scout / Legends sized
    I didn't remember this, when I saw the Marvel ones on Friday at a BigW near me... but they weren't in the system, and the customer service desk had a lot of trouble finding them.
    They were $16 here... which is a fair bit above the US retail price of US$8, but not surprising for items imported here.

Extra photos at Seibertron show us the chase figure is actually a seventh figure, an unknown redeco of Starscream that can be swapped into his spot in the diorama (probably a metallic deco).
    The extra chase figure has been found - Thundercracker, which is exclusive to Walgreens in America.
    If these come to Australia, we probably won't see Thundercracker, unless the local distributor (Banter) finds an outlet for them.

The extra chase figure has been found - Thundercracker, which is exclusive to Walgreens in America.
    If these come to Australia, we probably won't see Thundercracker, unless the local distributor (Banter) finds an outlet for them.
    Only a couple days after Thundercracker was found, another chase figure has been found - Skywarp, which looks like it could be exclusive to Target in America.

Not sure if these have been seen in Australia yet, but I saw them tonight in a Toyworld for $25 each.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Mackness View Post
    Not sure if these have been seen in Australia yet, but I saw them tonight in a Toyworld for $25 each.
    The connecting diorama figures?
    Daaaaaaaaaamn. They are only us$8 each in America.
    And I thought the expected $16 at BigW was expensive.
    (and if they don't have the two exclusive redecos in Australia - Skywarp & Thundercracker - that would be a VERY expensive set for anyone here wanting them)

Yeah it was the connecting diorama figs, and yes I did a double take at the price. Tbh I think $8 would be about right and $16 is already over priced, but at $25, no thanks.

I paid more than that for Soundwave...

A new reveal by Prime-1 Studios of some upcoming statues of theirs... and some look very big, so are probably very expensive.
    The big one is DOTM Jetwing Optimus, which is almost 1 meter tall!
    Two others are WFC Optimus and Megatron (separate statues).
    And a teaser of ROTF Sideswipe.