Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformer Statues

The Megatron statue must be an over-sized prototype, as they usually make 25cm statues (which is the size of the Optimus in the first photo above), but the display label at SDCC says "Museum scale" so maybe this is meant to be a new larger scale?

This thing is wicked! I especially love it when Megatron gets the proper metallic look instead of the cartoon grey. It just adds a little depth to it, the level of detail on the body awesome too - but poor Ironhide

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The Megatron statue must be an over-sized prototype, as they usually make 25cm statues (which is the size of the Optimus in the first photo above), but the display label at SDCC says "Museum scale" so maybe this is meant to be a new larger scale?
    They have two scales, the 10" scale of Prime and Soundwave and the larger Museum scale that has Starscream, Skywarp and Thundercracker up for pre-order.

Quote Originally Posted by wademcm View Post
    This thing is wicked! I especially love it when Megatron gets the proper metallic look instead of the cartoon grey. It just adds a little depth to it, the level of detail on the body awesome too - but poor Ironhide
    Note, there's two Megatron's we're talking about here.

The latest pics are from PCS and he will be animated grey. The other one is from IA and has the metallic finish.

Official images and info for the Soundwave & Ravage statue.

Prime 1 Studio is excited to present the MMTFM-27: Soundwave & Ravage statue from Transformers: Bumblebee Film!
    The concept for the film was developed during the writers’ room assembled in the lead up to Transformers: The Last Knight and will be written by Christina Hodson and directed by Travis Knight. In this film, the storyline is mainly focused on untold history of Bumblebee takes place during 1987. The old-fashioned storyline comes along with the brand newly discovery of our well-known Autobots member. Soundwave is one of Megatron’s most reliable troops and he has positioned himself comfortably and irreplaceably in the Decepticon upper command structure.
    Soundwave & Ravage are crafted with impressive attention to details and features LED light-up on eyes of both characters. Ravage statue can be displayed separately, without the base.
    Don’t miss out to add the 32 inches tall Soundwave & Ravage statue to your Transformers collection!
    [Product Specifications]
    ?Statue Size approximately 32 inches tall [H:80cm W:61.2cm D:47.9cm]
    ?One (1) designed theme base
    ?Ravage can be displayed separately
    ?LED light-up function on eyes of Soundwave & Ravage
    ?One (1) Ravage in cassette form (Early Exclusive Version)

On the smaller end of the scale come some statue type figures (at least, I don't think they have any moving parts), that are sold without any colourings, because you have to paint them (stickers/decals are included though). The back of the packaging tells you what paint colours you will need, but you can customise them with any colour scheme you want.
    They are by a company called Wizkids, and the first wave should be out in the next week in America for US$5 each. (if they make it here, they are likely to be in comic shops or a store like Zing)

Wave 1 has Optimus, Megatron, Starscream and Bumblebee.
    Wave 2 has Soundwave, Arcee, Ironhide and Cartoon Rumble (blue one) with Laserbeak.

More images of the Wizkids mini-statues, showing them up-close out of packaging, with a lot of detail for something that is 6-7cm tall.

I'm not much of a customiser, particularly since I don't like to "destroy" a Transformers toy by creating something new from it, but these I could really get into, as they are a blank slate to do with as you please... kinda like the custom class toys at BotCon.

Imaginarium have shown off their upcoming Gen1 Devastator statue, clocking in at a massive 1 meter tall.
    Apparently it was first announced waaay back in 2016, so after taking four years to develop, it might be coming out at the worst time.
    Price is said to be revealed next week, but I can guess that it will be about a US Grand... which I can imagine very few people are going to be able to afford at the moment.

Another Optimus statue, which I think is from the Bumblebee Movie, but could represent a Cybertronian form Gen1 Optimus (similar to the Generations 2013 toy).
    75cm tall (to the head) with at least two versions being made. No release date or price yet.

A cool DJ Soundwave statue was shown off in promo shots last night. I'd buy it if it didn't cost $250 USD.

https://news.tfw2005.com/2020/06/23/...yl-bust-413303