View Poll Results: Studio Series Optimus Prime (Bumblebee movie) - worth buying?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 85.71%
  • Only if (cheap or something else)

1 4.76%
  • No

2 9.52%
  • Not even interested

0 0%

Thread: Toy Review - SS-38 Studio Series Optimus Prime (Bumblebee movie)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Toy Review - SS-38 Studio Series Optimus Prime (Bumblebee movie)

Studio Series Optimus Prime (Bumblebee movie)
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Studio Series
    Size/class - Voyager
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Wave - 6
    Released here - Not yet (Asia & America APR 2019)
    Approximate Retail Price - AU $50-60 (US $33)
    Approximate Size - 17 cm
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode - Truck cab
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Accuracy to concept arts for the Bumblebee movie
    Main Colours - Red, blue, dark grey, black
    Main Accessories - Blaster rifle

This is a beautiful toy. The portions and details of the robot mode are not completely accurate to the final on-screen CGI, but IMO a VERY good attempt. Robot mode doesn't feel hollow and feels dense. I managed to transform between robot and truck modes without looking at the instructions. And I didn't have the problems that some fans complained about online. No parts/flaps fell off during transformations - not even the head/neck pieces. I had no problem at all keeping everything in place in truck mode - but your mileage can vary of course. Transformation is involved but never frustrating (I actually had more issues with things getting in the way when transforming the old Evasion mould). Lots of folding, but overall a smooth experience for myself. I really like how the front windows of the truck cab form the robot chest - as a Prime toy should!
    Plastics used are a little rubbery - but I understand it's for tolerance issues for the complexity at such a small scale. The rear leg panels near the ankles don't tend to stay in place but I feel they are a relatively minor issue. Ankles can tilt side to side. You can point the feet downward but not upward - losing some scores here! But given how most joints that you can expect are all there - you can still put him in a lot of dynamic poses. Knees are not double jointed but you can fold them more than 90 degrees. Finally a G1 Prime toy done with movie level modern details. I really love this toy!
    Attached Images Attached Images