Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Target toy sale April 4 - 28

Do you like your mother-in-law?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Do you like your mother-in-law?
    Well she snagged me both CW Devestator and TR Trypticon when everyone else was struggling to find them, so I respect her ability to do the ‘doddering old lady’ routine which is to get staff to find the figures for her and check out the back if they are not on the shelves

An impressive weapon to have in the arsenal.
    In that case, ringing ahead may be more beneficial in the long term.

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deano85 View Post
    I bought soundwave last week before the sale...dammit
    I am at peace with it. But I have been purposely not opening my Deluxes waiting for Kmarts ones to come in stock so I can return my $35 ones. This just gives another source of $29 Deluxes.

Went to my local Target and was told that they're not getting any stock in
    Apparently, there's a shortage of stock and allocation/ distribution has been limited for WA.
    They had a very limited supply and I was told, after the counter staff made a few calls, that a Target near the city (Subi) was the only one with stock at present.
    For those in Perth looking for this, there you go (call Target Subi first) - I personally wasn't going to drive that distance to get them.
    Oh well... better luck next time

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    An impressive weapon to have in the arsenal.
    In that case, ringing ahead may be more beneficial in the long term.
    Yeah I'm always a bit wary with that. Did that with Target to see if they were getting the YOT-whatever Ultra Magnus and the chick said no, then they had dozens of them! And with Devastator, they would have said no if I'd rung, but she turned up, did her routine and they found one on a shelf in the back room.

Besides, she aint got nuthin better ta do

Quote Originally Posted by Jellico View Post
    I am at peace with it. But I have been purposely not opening my Deluxes waiting for Kmarts ones to come in stock so I can return my $35 ones. This just gives another source of $29 Deluxes.
    Well i may return my $49 Kmart Soundwave if i can grab one at Target, may be i can grab an Ironhide ive been eyeing for awhile

Target Macquarrie had sweet not much today, I bought the last starscream even though he's missing the chest pin, I'm hoping I can fix it myself. there was one chromia left.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Finding heaps of SW and SS. Medium Chromia. Some Sixgun. A few Prowls and no Ironhides.

Both Target Springwood and Garden City in Brisbane have already been cleaned out of Voyagers, and Springwood only had two Deluxe toys left.
    I really hope that they restock before the end of the sale, because Kmart at Garden City wouldn't price-match the Target catalogue.

Still heaps of Cyberverse Warriors at both stores though... so we can see where the customers are going with this sale.

As people have noted over the years in the sightings posts, including me with my local stores, the Generations toys appear to sell out faster, but it could just be that there is generally less stock than Movie or Cartoon Transformers, because the Retailers are less interested in toys that don't have a Movie or Cartoon to "advertise" it. The Retailers might lose less money on Generations (it doesn't often shelfwarm long enough to be heavily discounted to below Cost), but since they buy up big on Movie and Cartoon toys, it deceptively looks like a greater turnover, despite losing more money on discounting the dead stock, after the Movie or Cartoon is no longer around.

From my 11 years attending Toyfair, I have observed that there are three Golden Rules for Retailers when it comes to dealing with the different Toy Companies, and one of them is "it must have media support" (free advertising, like a Movie, Cartoon or TV Commercials), or else they usually aren't interested. That's why it has been hard to get Generations toys into Australia (especially before Combiner Wars), because Retailers had to be convinced that there was a market for these toys, by enough people who knew that they existed, despite there not being a cartoon or Movie to let the general public know that they existed. (the Machinima "cartoon" made it possible to claim to the Retailers that the toys had media support, even though it ended up being an obscure cartoon that didn't really get a huge amount of views)
    Last edited by griffin; 5th April 2019 at 10:00 PM.