Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beast Wars X-9 rare or not?

I'm still ahead as the Aussie dollar was worth a lot more when I bought mine.

who is this character?
    *of to google*

Hugely rare! Mine is worth $250 at least! Mainly cos its mine.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    who is this character?
    *of to google*
    OMG, off to castle Anthrax with you young Autocon for a sound spanking. It is actually G1 Ravage who was one of the few Decepticons to appear as a proper character in Beast Wars besides Starscream if my old memory isn't playing any tricks.

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    who is this character?
    *of to google*
    NO SOUP FOR YOU!

I regret passing on one for about $100 back when the dollar was in the 90's.

in Autocons defense X-9 is a horrible name that gives no indication of character

The toy's name is Jaguar, which is Ravage's name in Japan (just as Optimus Prime is called Convoy). X-9 is merely the toy's Beast Wars Metals series number, which most people know refers to Ravage (hence why everyone just calls it X-9).

I also paid about $20-30 for mine when it came out 9 years ago. I actually bought too, but I traded off my spare ages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many
    It is actually G1 Ravage who was one of the few Decepticons to appear as a proper character in Beast Wars besides Starscream if my old memory isn't playing any tricks.
    Indeed. Although the toy's alt mode is a mechanical jaguar, whereas in the show he still transformed into a cassette tape. Originally Mainframe wanted to Ravage to insert himself into the cassette player aboard his starship and play the G1 theme song but they were unable to secure the rights for that music... but they still animated it. So that's why we actually see Ravage transforming and inserting himself into the cassette player but nothing is actually played. Still, it was an awesome thing to watch... "Decepticons Forever!"

There were other G1 characters who appeared in Beast Wars - although not in the show. They include Grimlock, Prowl II and the members of the Maximal Imperium - Prowl, Ironhide and Silverbolt (former Aerialbot and an entirely separate character from the Fuzor of the same name).

The Maximal Imperium and their combined form, Magnaboss