Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How is Siege Sixgun compatible with Titan Metroplex?

Question How is Siege Sixgun compatible with Titan Metroplex?

I read a note that some of the SIEGE toys were intended as companion pieces to the earlier released Titans (Metroplex, Trypticon, Fortress Maximus).

I just got Siege Sixgun this week and decided to compare him with the original Sixgun, just to see what I could do with his parts:

Unfortunately, there was not a lot I could do, as most of his parts weren't able to connect with the G1 Metroplex:

This is the only one I could use, the leg guns.

Sockets weren't compatible.
    Maybe some creative Shapeways designer could make the adaptors?

Which got me wondering, as the Sixgun SIEGE parts are much smaller then the original G1 parts, how the heck will they be compatible with the increased scale Titan Returns Metroplex?
    Where exactly are you meant to connect them?
    Last edited by Tilarta; 7th May 2019 at 06:21 PM.

You're using the wrong Metroplex if the intention is for CHUG Sixgun to be compatible with CHUG Metroplex then you'll need to use your CHUG Metroplex rather than G1. I suspect that the compatibility would come through the common use of 5mm ports.

I might have a fiddle with my CHUG Metroplex and Sixgun later tonight - if so I'll post pics

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I might have a fiddle with my CHUG Metroplex and Sixgun later tonight - if so I'll post pics
    Oh, please do. I don't have Thrilling Thirty Metroplex (was too penny-pinching back then and cannot help but think he's too wasp-waisted) but love seeing images of toys in context.

I do have Titans Return Trypticon and am very much hoping Brunt works well with him. In fact, since Brunt seems such a clone-like robot I might even get two and see if that allows my Decepticon citadel to bristle with bits even more. I can then give them character by having each claim to be Brunt, and insisting that the other is called Runt.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilarta View Post
    Which got me wondering, as the Sixgun SIEGE parts are much smaller then the original G1 parts, how the heck will they be compatible with the increased scale Titan Returns Metroplex?
    Where exactly are you meant to connect them?
    Here's some ideas

Though to be honest, there's less ways than I would have liked

What is CHUG?
    I am unfamiliar with that term.

I only have a G1 Metroplex, so I wasn't personally able to tinker with the Titan Returns version and find out if the Sixgun parts can affix to the hardpoints to emulate his G1 configuration.

Mostly I just wanted to see if I could swap the arms with my G1 Sixgun to give him proper hands.
    That didn't work, because of the socket system being incompatible.

Also, when you bend his arms at the elbow joint, the gunarm falls apart because the tab holding the black gun on disconnects.
    They should have made the main socket better able to grip the black gun.

CHUG = Classics, Henkei, Universe/United, Generations.

It's the term used by fans to describe the ongoing toyline that started in 2006 with Classics as it's had a ton of name changes over the years. War For Cybertron Siege is the most recent.

CHUG Metroplex refers to four different Metroplexs that were released in the 2013. The Generations release, The Takara Genenerations release, the SDCC release and the AKG-Con release. All use the same mould with minor deco changes between them.

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Metroplex_(G1)#Generations

Quote Originally Posted by Tilarta View Post
    What is CHUG?
    I am unfamiliar with that term.
    Classics Henkei Universe Generations
    Sometimes known as CHUGUR (...United Reveal-the-Shield) or simply "Classicsverse."
    Basically when Hasbro first released Classics in 2006 giving us G1 toys with more contemporary designs and engineering, and subsequent toy lines that carry on that spirit, which is currently the Generations-Siege-War for Cybertron line (CHUGSWFC )

I see Gok is still pretending I don't exist.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    (CHUGSWFC )
    CHUGCWTRPOPWFC....?

I've been referring to CHUG as generations for several years now, as the original acronym has lost it's meaning and really there are multiple generations of characters represented in the various product lines, from G1, modern computer games, Beast wars, and coming this year, representations of RID magnus, convoy I think and some star convoy that I don't really know about.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)