Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The Mandalorian - a live-action Star Wars television sho

Two things are factoring into it I think:

1 - a "grassroots" campaign to show that people still want to see her in the show / in the toy line
    2 - Hasbro/Disney have cancelled upcoming releases of her figures so existing ones will be all you can get

Some interesting points there. It's not like she was a major player anyway -say 3 words, shoot big rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    What's the logic behind Cara's figures being more sought after now?
    I know what happened, but what's the difference between her character and someone that kicks the bucket on the show? Does being fired increase your market value?
    Probably saddos turning her into a hErO because she shares their views.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    What's the logic behind Cara's figures being more sought after now?
    I know what happened, but what's the difference between her character and someone that kicks the bucket on the show? Does being fired increase your market value?
    An actor kicking the bucket doesn?t necessarily mean future figures won?t exist, eg Carrie Fisher. An actor being fired for whatever beliefs pretty much means that character is dead and buried never to see the life of day anymore, hence no more figures.

There is now a limited amount of Cara Dune figures, because no more are being made. Limited supply = increase in value. I say just wait for the whole thing to blow over. She was a shelf warmer prior to sacking, the hoarders I imagine are going to end up with a lot of dust collectors.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    An actor kicking the bucket doesn?t necessarily mean future figures won?t exist, eg Carrie Fisher. An actor being fired for whatever beliefs pretty much means that character is dead and buried never to see the life of day anymore, hence no more figures.

There is now a limited amount of Cara Dune figures, because no more are being made. Limited supply = increase in value. I say just wait for the whole thing to blow over. She was a shelf warmer prior to sacking, the hoarders I imagine are going to end up with a lot of dust collectors.
    Have you guys seen some of the prices being thrown around for her figures ? Even RK is getting in on the action and bumping up their prices.
    Calm down, people... jeez.

Wow you're not kidding. The credit collection version which Big W had heaps of at $28 is selling around $90 on eBay sold listings.

XMan is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

She's now saying Disney bullied her, but she can't say anything or give details cause it would hurt a friend *eyeroll*

I have a lot to say over this issue but I think I will take the very lazy option and exit stage left/right, depending on your POV (heh POV). ala Snagglepuss. Should we even go there with THAT name?
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

If this can be answered without spoilers - do you need to have watched The Mandalorian first before watching the new Boba Fett show?

(I do plan to watch the Mandalorian too)

The important stuff is talked about in the first episode - how he got out of the Sarlacc and how he got to where he is now

You miss out on the reveals of Season 2 of The Mandalorian, but they've done a good job of making the two things distinct