Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Thread

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Default Star Wars Thread

Check the new Clone Wars series if you haven't already.

Looks damn fine.

http://www.starwars.com/video/view/000478.html

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Eh, it's ok. I really prefer the drawn one to cgi, but I'll probably still watch it anyway.

But what continuity is it? Where does it fit?
    ________
    Suzuki Fr-50 Specifications
    Last edited by MV75; 11th March 2011 at 07:42 AM.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Between 2 and 3 like the cartoon.

I hope they get a better voice actor for the Clones... the one in the previous Clone Wars cartoon series didn't sound anything like Temuera Morrison -- forget the voice, it didn't even have a New Zealand accent!

Before Episode III came out, some of my friends pointed out that by Episode IV they had used other templates for clones other than Jango Fett, but in the Episode III DVD commentary George Lucas specifically states that all the clones in the Army of the Republic and early Empire were of the Jango Fett template. Episode III shows this too - Commander Cody, Oddball and every other clone looked and sounded like Jango Fett.

I'm gonna be spewing if the Clones aren't running around saying things like "Gineral Kenobi," "Jidi" and "Suth"! And would it hurt to have a platoon of clone troopers doing a haka before battle?

"Ka mate ka mate ka ora!"

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    And would it hurt to have a platoon of clone troopers doing a haka before battle?

"Ka mate ka mate ka ora!"
    LOL .I saw the trailer AGES ago.

--------------------------------------------------------
    Check out this video of a toy that has Darth Vader and Stormtroopers tapdancing the Imperial March!

The Necrobot isn't really the same as a Necromancer, a Necrotitan would be more appropriate, rising from the dead and all.

But we were meant to be talking about Star Wars or something......

One of the racing teams (car 1) for the Bathurst 1000 is sponsored by Star Wars, and their pit-crew are dressed up to look like Stormtroopers (helmets and safety gear are all white & black with detailing to look like Stormtrooper armour).

It looks pretty neat, but realistically, Star Wars doesn't need to spend any more money on marketing (their box office takings won't be any bigger because everyone already knows it exists, and the trailers so far have shown what to expect, so too much advertising just eats into their profits)... and if they needed to promote a scifi movie, judging by the people so far seen when they show us the crowds at this race, unless there are some bikini-clad ladies running around the movie with Stormtrooper helmets on, I doubt most would pay money to see it no matter how much advertising you throw at them. (I was going to link to a google search for "bikini stormtrooper", but figured that it wouldn't be a good idea for our younger viewers.)

It would be like setting up a bible stall at a sexpo convention... you might hook in a few, but ultimately its just there for show.

I've always wondered why Coke, who is known for their advertising (we had to study some of their campaigns at uni) still spends millions when by now, it's basically known the world over. Just boils down to if they don't, it can only fall out of the limelight. Still, the amount they must spend just to maintain relevance (arguably not getting any new customers from it) is extraordinary!