Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mandalorian - a live-action Star Wars television sho

Default The Mandalorian - a live-action Star Wars television sho

So the panel for this was last night AU time at Celebration. It is premiering on 12 November 2019.

The cast is pretty good. Pedro Pascal is playing the lead role.

There's footage floating around on youtube of the scene and trailer played at the panel last night. I've seen it and I'm reasonably excited. There's a very 'Firefly' feel to it.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Yeah I'm liking the look of this one

This looks great, very much looking forward to it. I watched the extended trailer of it, and yes it really does have that Firefly vibe to it. Filoni is a big part of it and that's a massive plus.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Another trailer for the Mandalorian TV show, for the new Disney Streaming channel in America from November 12th... set between Episode 6 and 7.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

This is how you tell a story as compared to the current trilogy. The character development, build up is there. Thumbs up in making me gain back interest in Star Wars.

I've found it kind of generic tbh. It's visually pretty but not challenging at all, or particularly interesting.

Episode 1 was decent as an intro episode.

Episode 2 really should have just been rolled into the pilot. Not a lot of substance happened. It created and then solved its own central problem in the space of about 20 minutes.

Episodes 3 and 4 were decent, but again generic.

I'm not saying every episode needs to be filled with twists and turns but I am saying that there's no point at which any character has done anything other than what you'd expect, in precisely the way in which you would expect. Also for something that's only going to have a total runtime slightly north of 4 hours for the whole season, there's been a lot of filler so far.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    I've found it kind of generic tbh. It's visually pretty but not challenging at all, or particularly interesting.
    Yeah, this ^

I watched the first two episodes and felt pretty underwhelmed by the story. Visually it does look great, but it feels like its main goal is just OT fan pandering (I want to use a different word but I can't here ).
    Although I will say that baby "Yoda" is possibly the most adorable thing I've ever seen.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Perhaps this is why Rian J is coming in to direct as rumours floats, and some of you might be interested.

I'm really enjoying it, I look forward to every episode that comes out. It looks amazing at night with the lights off in 4K Dolby Vision on my OLED TV.

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    I'm really enjoying it, I look forward to every episode that comes out. It looks amazing at night with the lights off in 4K Dolby Vision on my OLED TV.
    same for me, it feels the right flow of things without stuffing up anything from the original trilogy.