Size/class - Voyager
New/remould/redeco - Redeco
Wave - N/A
Released here - Online Exclusive
Approximate Retail Price - $42aud
Approximate Size - 17cm
Allegiance - Decepticon
Alt-mode - Cybertronian Tank
Main Features/Gimmicks - Hardpoints for fireblasts (not included).
Main Colours - white, light brown, green
Main Accessories - Fusion cannon and sword/barrel.

The third offering of Hasbro's Generations Selects line, Combat Megatron is an homage to an unreleased G2 Combat Hero Megatron. His head is new, but otherwise he is a straight up redeco of the regular Siege Megatron figure.

I thought the initial renders looked gross, then the actual toy pics won me over enough to preorder it. Prior to this, I had never considered getting the Siege Megatron mold at all. I suppose part of my desire to get this version was not having any G2 Megatron representation in my collection (yes that's something that needs to be fixed ).

Having the figure in hand, I think it looks exquisite (although beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder when it comes to anything G2 related ). The mold itself is not as great as other Siege figures I have experienced so far. It's not bad, but it's nothing to brag about either, it just does the job. Articulation is all there in the places you'd expect, but balancing can be difficult for some poses.
My biggest issue with this figure is the use of white paint on the crotch and hands. I get that paint apps can make a figure look prettier, but all they've done is coat certain parts entirely in white paint, while leaving others in white plastic and I honestly would have preferred the latter, as that won't wear over time. Transformation is fairly intuitive, and a breeze once you know what you what you're doing.

Overall it's not a bad figure or a great one, it's fairly safe and kinda boring because of it. There's no real wow factor here other than (subjectively) the deco. I'd recommend it if you need a G2 Megatron representation on your shelf like I did, or you really like Megatrons, otherwise feel free to skip it.