• Only if (something else)

1 3.70%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not even interested

1 3.70%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Avengers Endgame SPOILER discussion thread

Glad I saw the movie at an 8:45am session. Later that day I was onboard a crowded tram and a bunch of teens are speaking openly about the movie and, "Let there be spoilers" was their attitude.

When Captain America at the end is returning the stones, is sent back in time. He is carrying Thor’s hammer? I wonder what happened with that. Looks like they are setting up a young avengers team, what with all the kids. Cassie, Kate, Morgan, and the boy iron man befriended in iron man 3 who was apparently at the funeral in end scenes.

Cap took Mjolnir back to its proper time along with the stones.

Morgan is probably too young (she’s a four year old), but I could see a “Young Avengers” movie that had Shuri gather a team up of Cassie, Lila (Hawkeye’s daughter) and Harley (the kid from Iron Man 3). For more “boys” they could introduce Armaedus Cho (whose mother has been around) maybe Teddy (after Captain Marvel) and a Billy that’s just an actual Asgardian from the new village? I think they’d do a Ms Marvel film first though and make it a Champions movie/team that was a mix of both teams.

I thought the scenes with Thor were just over the top, its the character having a personal crisis, suffering depression. While its probably more or less accurate, but its so cliche, beer and video games and cable tv. I could take an overweight Thor, who has been drinking heavily and eating because of great loss and failure. Just not happy, video games are associated with that. Same old negative stereotype, not denying its true in many cases. I just hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Cap took Mjolnir back to its proper time along with the stones.

Morgan is probably too young (she’s a four year old), but I could see a “Young Avengers” movie that had Shuri gather a team up of Cassie, Lila (Hawkeye’s daughter) and Harley (the kid from Iron Man 3). For more “boys” they could introduce Armaedus Cho (whose mother has been around) maybe Teddy (after Captain Marvel) and a Billy that’s just an actual Asgardian from the new village? I think they’d do a Ms Marvel film first though and make it a Champions movie/team that was a mix of both teams.
    Ah yeah definitely some ideas I did not consider.

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    I saws it! Write thoughts later. Recommend seeing it at the movie. It only works with the other 22 films before it.
    Yeah this was what I thought too. If you’re not into the MCU enough to have a good grip on what happened over the last 22 movies, Endgame would be absolute trash.

As it was, while I enjoyed it immensely, it was not as good as Infintiy War. And that I primarily put down to Thanos not getting any further character development. Infinity War was great because we learned about Thanos. We learned his past, his motivations and goals. But I thought that Endgame in no way expanded upon that. It just coasted along and didn’t progress his character in any way apart from an. Few throw away lines at the end that made him essentially just another bad guy.

I liked the Thanos that I could empathise with.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I wonder if its better to watch Infinity War and End Game in one single viewing.

I enjoyed it and it was a nice finish up to the series. One thing I've been thinking about though s this:

During the 5 years before they brought everyone back, they were (or cap was anyway) move on and get on with life. As I suspect everyone else was too.

Then they bring everyone back. To those that have come back, it's just been a blink in time, but to those who weren't, it's been 5 years and they've been trying to move on and deal with it. Having half the population back all at once would be difficult to deal with on personal level as well as an infrastructural level.

Essentially, my thinking is, SHOULD the Avengers have brought everyone back after 5 years? I'd agree it's the right thing to do if they could have done it right after the snap, but since it took so long before they could fix it, you now where I coming from?

Stark kind of knows what's at stake, as he makes it known that he doesn't want current time messed with, but no-one else seems to mind that much.

I still dont get how they got the spaceship through? A bit of lazy writing.

Cap America changed the time line. How did he not end up in a different time line?

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    I still dont get how they got the spaceship through? A bit of lazy writing.

Cap America changed the time line. How did he not end up in a different time line?
    He did....

The producers have cleared up that he was in his own branch with Peggy, and jumped back across to the main branch to give Sam the shield....

And in this way, there is no second Cap to look for in the background of the other 21 movies