Released here - January 2019
Approximate Retail Price - $29
Approximate Size - 12cm
Allegiance - Autobot
Alt-mode - Corvette Stingray sports car
Main Features/Gimmicks - scale, greater screen likeness
Main Colours - silver, grey
Main Accessories - swords, guns

I've come pretty late to the Studio Series Sideswipe table (impulse buy ). Here are my pics and thoughts about this toy...

The first thing that you'll notice is that this toy is the most screen accurate looking version of movie Sideswipe we've had thus far. The body is far more compact and the swords are also much more screen accurate. It also comes with a pair of pistols that Sideswipe uses in DOTM and I do like how the toy can hold both the swords and pistols at the same time. On the down side it's not as clever as the sword-gimmick on the original ROTF Deluxe figure; this time the swords are detachable accessories which help to form part of the doors. So I guess you could say that the down side is that this toy is a bit more of a partsformer, but the upside is the visual fidelity.

Comparison with the ROTF and DOTM Deluxe Sideswipes in vehicle mode. I find it's about on par with the ROTF figure and hands down better than the DOTM Deluxe, although that's not a high bar.

Vehicle comparison from the rear; the Autobot logo on my DOTM Sideswipe is a sticker that I've attached. The toy has no logos by default, and for that matter neither does Studio Series Sideswipe.

I was told that Studio Series Sideswipe can carry a Diaclone pilot so I tried it out, but also tried it out with DOTM Sideswipe and the DOTM figure actually holds the Diaclone pilot better. SS Sideswipe is too small and as a result the Diaclone pilot sits far too high up (his feet are level with the windscreen).

Vehicle comparison from the side. Somewhat disappointing that Studio Series Sideswipe is the only one here without painted hubcaps.

Robot comparison. As mentioned before SS Sideswipe offers a far more compact robot form, not only in the way that it compacts the chest but also in the way that it compacts the back kibble much more successfully than its forerunners. This all helps to make the toy look less bulky and more like the screen model. However SS Sideswipe also uses a cheaper looking lighter shade of grey whereas ROTF Sideswipe used various nicer and darker shades of grey and more silver. As mentioned before there are no gimmicks on SS Sideswipe; gone is the extendable blade gimmick and the articulated waist pistons are also gone. Having said that, SS Sideswipe absolutely outclasses DOTM Sideswipe.

Comparing poseability

Now here's one of the most impressive things about Studio Series Sideswipe - look at that balance! And a lot of this is due to the design of the feet which allow them to grip the ground rather than just precariously standing on it. Balance has long been an issue with the Movie Sideswipe design, and while the balance on this toy is by no means exceptional compared to most other Transformers, compared to other Movie Sideswipe Deluxe figures I find that this is the best balanced due to the design of the feet.