Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like we might be back

Exclamation Looks like we might be back

The server host had a significant issue on Tuesday night and this domain has been down for 4 days.... we'll see if it stays up.
    Just keep an eye out for notifications of our relocation soon.

I guess you could say the Fourth is with us?

I’ll see myself out now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    I guess you could say the Fourth is with us?

I’ll see myself out now.
    Hahahaha no no those sort of jokes are encouraged

Let's hope the board stays up otherwise I have nowhere else to go whilst I try and avoid GOT and avengers spoilers

Only just now working for me

Edit:

Oh the site’s internal clock is off. I thought the previous posts were all from this morning but this post just came up as 830am too.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Oh the site’s internal clock is off. I thought the previous posts were all from this morning but this post just came up as 830am too.

I'm trying to figure out how to fix that, as the board is set to show your own time, if you are logged in as a member. (the guest times should be my timezone)

Good to have the board back.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Was it just this host or did they have bigger problems like a DNS DOS attack?

Quote Originally Posted by Thurmus View Post
    Was it just this host or did they have bigger problems like a DNS DOS attack?
    The reason is vague, and only publicly mentioned after I asked for it last night on their twtter account...

The cause of the issue was that we experienced technical issues with our storage cluster. Due to the actions we've undertaken to migrate off of it, we are actively moving everyone to more modern and reliable infrastructure.
    Unfortunately, a lot of legacy systems are proving more difficult to migrate than we had hoped. ColdFusion & older PHP servers are affected. We will be working through the night to continue bring services online.
    I think it might be their server clocks that are out by 8 hours, as I can't see anything wrong on the messageboard end, and my new emails are coming in with the same 8 hour time difference.

It looks like the server is set to Hawaii/Alaskan time. By default Linux sets itself to UTC time. It may be they have misconfigured or not configured the server to point to a NTP server.

I would question why they were hosting stuff on what they admit is dodgy old storage and infrastructure.

Is it just me or is anyone else having optical illusions when looking at their name/logo?

Looks like there are still websites down.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain