Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Looks like we might be back

Trying Test 1 - bit of an Optimus Prime feel.

The mobile option looks like it might be what some others have been wanting too.

Trying Test 1. The bright pink is not good for the eyes.

Welcome back, great that we didn't lose more than a week.

Not a fan of Test 1, too intense.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Can we move the

Log Out
    Settings
    My Profile
    Notifications
    Welcome

icons down from where they are and perhaps run them across the bottom like the New Posts PM's etc? I think they tend to get lost where they are now.
    That was one of the three layout customisations of the old board that the new software didn't like, so I have to figure out all over again how to move those things around. I just wanted to get our banner up there as a priority so that guests and members knew for sure that we were back... and then try to fix up the mess it caused later.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurmus View Post
    It was a 5 minute rush job, that was trying to get a bit of red and dark blue, as a good vs evil type of mix... to see how it looked, but I did notice that the lighter shades ended up being a bit pink and light blue.
    There are soooo many visual elements on here that have their own colour settings... it could take days to fine tune something decent.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Welcome back, great that we didn't lose more than a week.

Not a fan of Test 1, too intense.
    I will try to spend some time over the weekend on it. I was originally thinking of having several visual options for members, like a good/autobot theme and an evil/decepticon theme, or maybe a beast theme... but after thinking about how long it would take to do just one colour scheme, I realised that fansites have signature colours, so if we want members and guests to recognise our site by sight, I think we need to focus on one colour scheme (and try to bring back the background grid pattern image).

Test1 is better. But still not great. I think we need something more distinctly not American (red white and blue). I?d actually like a dark theme but not fussed.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Thurmus View Post
    It burns... It burns...

I'd prefer darker tones for mobile reading at night.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I think we need to focus on one colour scheme (and try to bring back the background grid pattern image).
    totally agree with this, and I think a slightly darker tone would work better for night time viewing. I'm personally less likely to read on my phone during the day.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

If only there was a way you could go into your mobile phones display settings and change it to night mode...
    😏😏😏

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    It burns... It burns...

I'd prefer darker tones for mobile reading at night.

Great job Griffin getting the site back up! It will take time to optimise it but at least we have a site again.

I mostly use the site on a phone and am finding it harder to use given the logo at the top of the page goes wider than the rest of the front page, making the text really small. If you can look into how to resize the logo to fit the page that would be much appreciated please.

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Great job Griffin getting the site back up! It will take time to optimise it but at least we have a site again.

I mostly use the site on a phone and am finding it harder to use given the logo at the top of the page goes wider than the rest of the front page, making the text really small. If you can look into how to resize the logo to fit the page that would be much appreciated please.
    Yeah. Griffin, could you resize the banner logo to half and move the black border from the bottom to the top and move the 'SINCE 1996' text to the left? I can do it and PM it to you if easier
    Which brings us to where we are today...